Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to change settings to reflect Gemini wheels without aero covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can change the wheel configuration setting on M3 to reflect the aero covers being removed so that the range estimations and visual of the car update but can’t on MY. I have asked at the service department and they don‘t know how. I found an article that says how you can submit a service request but the only comment on the article says it did not work. Any ideas on how to point a Tesla employee in the right direction so they can turn the setting on?

How to change the wheels on the avatar display of your Tesla Model Y

Reactions: Slapshot
Reviving an old thread, but I was able to have my avatar updated yesterday by sending a message to service chat on the app. Updated right away on app and car once someone responded.

IMG_8916.jpg
IMG_8906.jpg

Reviving an old thread, but I was able to have my avatar updated yesterday by sending a message to service chat on the app. Updated right away on app and car once someone responded.

View attachment 925982View attachment 925983
Dumb question but how exactly do I send a chat message to Service from within the Tesla app? My only Service option is to schedule Service. Also, did you notice whether or not this adjusted your range estimates any or destination SOC?

Dumb question but how exactly do I send a chat message to Service from within the Tesla app? My only Service option is to schedule Service. Also, did you notice whether or not this adjusted your range estimates any or destination SOC?
Yeah, you schedule a service appt but the person on the other end will cancel it after they make the change. No change to range.

Anyone who has had this service done, can you do me a favor? I am trying to figure out the option code for this. If you get an opportunity, can you provide a link to the compositor image so we can sort out what the option code for this is?

On your Tesla.com account, right-click on your car's image, select "Open image in new tab" and send the link here. This will let me know the option code!

So I just did this with my Model Y. I pulled the Gemini wheel covers off my MYLR on day 1 and installed the wheel cap kit that Tesla offers. I wanted my on-screen avatar and phone app to reflect that. Here is how I did it:

1) In the Tesla phone App, I opened a service request and selected "Wheel Swap" as my issue.
2) In the description, I explained that I was not using the Gemini wheel covers and had instead installed Tesla's Wheel Cap Kit on the base rims. I stated that I wanted my on-screen vehicle avatar and my phone App to show the base rims. I explained that I had read that a Tesla Service Center needs to "push" me an update that allows the base rims to appear in the drop down menu within "Service->Wheel and Tire" options. I attached images from MGDE's earlier post and said "this is what I am trying to accomplish.
3) Selecting Wheel Swap sets up a mobile service appointment. I selected the closest available time/date and waited (A human reviews these appointment the day prior)
3) The day prior, I received an in-app message from a human at the Service Center letting me know that they were looking into it. About 30 minutes later, they sent me an in-app message asking me to check my vehicle's on-screen avatar. Sure enough, it had changed.

Pictures:

IMG_3577.jpeg
IMG_3579.jpeg

Last edited:
So I just did this with my Model Y. I pulled the Gemini wheel covers off my MYLR on day 1 and installed the wheel cap kit that Tesla offers. I wanted my on-screen avatar and phone app to reflect that. Here is how I did it:

1) In the Tesla phone App, I opened a service request and selected "Wheel Swap" as my issue.
2) In the description, I explained that I was not using the Gemini wheel covers and had instead installed Tesla's Wheel Cap Kit on the base rims. I stated that I wanted my on-screen vehicle avatar and my phone App to show the base rims. I explained that I had read that a Tesla Service Center needs to "push" me an update that allows the base rims to appear in the drop down menu within "Service->Wheel and Tire" options. I attached images from MGDE's earlier post and said "this is what I am trying to accomplish.
3) Selecting Wheel Swap sets up a mobile service appointment. I selected the closest available time/date and waited (A human reviews these appointment the day prior)
3) The day prior, I received an in-app message from a human at the Service Center letting me know that they were looking into it. About 30 minutes later, they sent me an in-app message asking me to check my vehicle's on-screen avatar. Sure enough, it had changed.

Pictures:

View attachment 996313View attachment 996314
Does this change also get reflected on your Tesla.com account?

Pictures:

View attachment 996313View attachment 996314
I’m wondering if this is something that is service center based. If someone cannot be asked to change this, they’ll just say “this is coming in a future update”