TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

how to change SPEEDO from miles to km (touchscreen is right...)

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by warden_clyffe, Sep 19, 2015.

1. warden_clyffe

warden_clyffe Member

hi folks, after pulling the ess-fuse on my european roadster 2.0 the touchscreen still shows correct milage and speed in km/h - but the speedo shows milage, if i change units on the touchscreen nothing happens, what can i do without contacting service from tesla ?

thanks, c

2. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

Thats strange. Changing the units from the touchscreen immediately switches the odo between km and miles on my cars. You can try to pull the ESS disconnect again for a few minutes and see if it will reset.

3. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#3 wiztecy, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    I believe warden did pull the ess disconnect, I presume since he has a 2.0 the 12v battery is keeping the aps/vms alive the VMS is failing to shutdown. Could be something like a one off bug where some variable in the software handling the speedo units got corrupted or can't execute. Definitely something seems wedged.

Two ways you can attack this (actually 3 with djp & Doug's suggestion below my comments) you can pull the two VMS connections out to reset and reboot the VMS system which feeds the VDS. Or pull the ess disconnect & unhook the 12v motorcycle battery then allow the system to reset. Not sure about how long to wait or if its needed, but I typically wait 30 seconds minimum for a powered device.

4. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

You can also repeatedly open/close the charge port door several times to reset the VDS.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I was told seven times to ensure reset.

6. ravng

ravng Member

I had the same issue after the car had been into service.

I just had to go into the touchscreen setup and change back to miles, and then back to kilometeres again.