Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to change Tesla name in iPhone Bluetooth list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed the name on screen in the car, but my Bluetooth list still generically lists the name as Tesla Model 3.

Does anyone know how I can change the name of my car in my iPhone Bluetooth list?

Thanks in advance.

F9864BA3-2BF0-4CB6-A913-FCCF9C9976F3.jpeg

I just looked at my phone, and mine says "Tesla model 3 (car's name), with (cars name) being the name I gave the car way back when, and not having any parenthesis or brackets. My wifes model Y says "Tesla Model Y (cars name)" ... (also no parenthesis).

Have you tried un pairing and re pairing it after changing the cars name? Its been so long since I did mine, I dont remember doing anything special for the bluetooth connection to show up that way.

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot and ATPMSD
I haven’t been able to change the name yet ,still says Tesla Model 3, but do have a question related to your Bluetooth list. What is the long string of numbers and letters that start with Se3b?
I have a long string in my IPhone similar to that after setting up my M3LR.

Last edited:
I haven’t been able to change the name yet ,still says Tesla Model 3, but do have a question related to your Bluetooth list. What is the long string of numbers and letters that start with Se3b?
I have a long string in my IPhone similar to that after setting up my M3LR.
I’ve had the same question!

My wife started having trouble with our 2023 MY not unlocking and she would have to use the card to start the drive. It happened randomly but enough that she was not happy. While trying to solve the issue and comparing to my iPhone, I noticed I had in Bluetooth the name of the car (HourKahr) that we gave it with a little gold key icon to the left. She did not have this in her Bluetooth. She only had Tesla Model Y listed in Bluetooth. I had both the golden key icon and Tesla model Y. The gold key icon on my iPhone always shows connected in Bluetooth but I assume it must be going through Wi-Fi somehow since not close enough to be Bluetooth connected. I removed the Tesla from her iPhone and from the car and reconnected her iPhone and everything seems to work but I did not see the gold key icon. About 15 minutes later she text me a picture and she had the gold key icon.
  • I have attached a picture and wondering why are there two connections in Bluetooth and what is the gold key icon?
  • Was her problems being caused by not having this gold key connection showing in her Bluetooth?
  • If this is required why did it work for her sometimes and not others?

(I was no where around when it worked on did not work so not related to my iPhone being near.)

IMG_4615.jpeg

Last edited: