TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to change the color of car showed on the screen?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SpaceXXX, Jan 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SpaceXXX

SpaceXXX Member

I bought the blue X, but I want the os user interface to change the color from blue to white. I have asked many after-sales service staffs, they all said it can't be changed. But I noticed that when they help the car owner to replace 20 inch wheel with 22 inch whell, they can change the pic of wheel showed on the screen, so I believe that the color can also be changed! I'm in Shanghai, China, thanks a lot to everyone!!! This question confused me for a long time.
    Screen.png Screen_2.png

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

You just need to make an appointment to Service Center. They might charge you a fee for changing the icon colors.

If not, you can try to pay for some do-it-yourself experts in this forum to remote access your car and change the programming codes for you.

3. SpaceXXX

SpaceXXX Member

Can u diy? I can pay

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Trade in your blue car for a white one and it should change accordingly in the UI. ;)

• Funny x 4
  5. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Not my specialty.

Do-It-Yourself Experts in this forum that I can think of are:

@wk057

@Ingineer

6. nomis_nehc

nomis_nehc Member

Can Tesla directly! Or email their service and a tech can work with you. Took almost a week for me to get my wheels updated for my avatar, but it got done.

7. SpaceXXX

SpaceXXX Member

If I sell my car, it only cost half price of a new car...lose too much

8. SpaceXXX

SpaceXXX Member

Sorry for one more question, how can i send a private message to someone in this forum, i cant find any function about it.

9. marshallbrown

marshallbrown Member

Maybe I am going to ask a stupid question because I like cars but right now I don't know much about cars, can I know which car are you talking about?

10. SpaceXXX

SpaceXXX Member

Tesla Model X or Model S

11. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I just hover the mouse over my icon on right top and it opens up to another menu and I click on "Conversations" --> "Start a New Conversation" then type in wk057, Ingineer without the "@" for "Participants"

upload_2019-1-9_2-25-5.png

• Disagree x 1
  12. marshallbrown

marshallbrown Member

Hey, Alright thanks for reply :)