TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to charge in Odessa and Lubbock?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by ordinaryjoe, Oct 4, 2016.

1. ordinaryjoe

ordinaryjoe New Member

I'm a new S75 owner in Austin and would like to be able to visit West Texas, specifically Lubbock and Odessa. I can get to both, but recharging looks a little bleak. Any suggestions?

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

www.plugshare.com should be an app in your car and on your phone
    a quick look shows very limited chargers out there, there is a Supercharger in sweetwater.
    good luck

3. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I know I'm late to this thread but I live in Lubbock and have a Tesla Home charger on 100 amp breaker so it a fairly quick charge and your welcome to use it if you would like.

• Helpful x 2
  4. RedRaider

RedRaider Member

Thank you. I had an outlet installed at friends homes though, so I'm good in Lubbock and Odessa. Now if they can just get the Sweetwater Supercharger working again so that I can make it to Odessa.

5. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

This year, Tesla is building out the east-west Texas routes, so that it will be possible to drive from across Texas from DFW/Houston to El Paso (and beyond).

What's missing is the north-south route through the panhandle, connecting to New Mexico/Colorado.

A few months ago, we drove from Houston to Denver - and had to take the longer route north into central Kansas.

With previous ICE cars, we were able to drive cut across the panhandle and save 100 miles off the drive.

Hopefully once they complete the east-west SC network, along with the route down to South Padre (and SpaceX), they'll fill in the hole in the panhandle and connect it to the rest of Texas.

6. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I spoke to Tesla about Sweetwater yesterday and they said it's down and they suspect vandalism. I was planning to head to Dallas for Christmas from lubbock but now need to rethink. Trying to figure out if I can make it to Cisco.