Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to check supercharge transactions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for Nevada, where it says

$0.24 per minute above 60 kW
$0.12 per minute at or below 60 kW

That means a total of 60 kw in the charge, not that my Tesla has over 60kw?

I'm driving LA to Vegas on Wednesday, and it seems that I should charge at the state line instead of earlier, because it's 1/2 the price.

So for Nevada, where it says

$0.24 per minute above 60 kW
$0.12 per minute at or below 60 kW

That means a total of 60 kw in the charge, not that my Tesla has over 60kw?

I'm driving LA to Vegas on Wednesday, and it seems that I should charge at the state line instead of earlier, because it's 1/2 the price.

60kW refers to the charging rate, which varies during the charge. Superchargers can charge at up to 135kW. When you start charging, you will get a faster rate, which will then taper down. Tesla is just pricing in tiers based on the rate of charge.

For storage, your car has over 60kWh — the h stands for hours and means that it can hold an hours worth of electiricity if you are discharging at 60kW, or other combinations like 60 hours of electricity if discharging at 1kW (which Is the equivalent of 10 100W light bulbs...)

I've found that it is only visible on the desktop version of the site. I can't find it either on a mobile device.

On iOS Safari, you can get it by turning your screen to landscape mode. Then the history tab will show up..

This worked on my Android using the chrome browser also, thank you

Thanks for the heads up.
I can see history (and some of other options) on Android tablet and phone when in landscape mode.
I was wondering were the details were hiding. The car shows only a summary of the charge for the last charge.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
I've had my car since April and have supercharged 4 times. The "History" tab had never showed up for me until the 4th time a few days ago. And it only shows the last time (4th time) I supercharged. No idea if I was charged for the first 3, but I don't remember seeing any charges on my credit card from Tesla before.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Yip! Better than charging at home, my green electricity in Alameda, is $0.28/kWh. I know some who have PG&E pay only $.08, but that only works at certain times. Mine is anytime, and I get $15/mo back for owning an electric car, whether I charge or not.

-Randy
can you please elaborate how you're getting the $15/mo back from PGE?
what rate did you opt for?
not sure if Alameda has similar incentives/rate as San Jose.

Yes, thanks TEG you are correct.
I'm on PG&E and I pay $.13 per KwH during off peak times. What PG&E plan charges only $.08 per KwH?

If I quoted that number wrong I am sorry, but I read people here ALL the time who pay way less than I. Perhaps no one pays that little, but I could swear someone here posted that price in California, perhaps they were with SoCal Edison.

-Randy

I think $.09 may have been part of an old rate. PG&E changes rate plans from time to time, with some being cancelled.
Generally the new rate plans have higher rates than before.

The history tab showed up for me on Iphone in IOS Safari app with no special effort. I even have Iphone magnify mode on since my eyesight just got dramatically worse over the last few months. I have SuperCharger charges from 2016 in my history tab from when I owned my Model S (due to me coming back a few minutes after the charger decided to stop). I no longer own a Tesla car, and yet the history is still there. No SuperCharger info shows up in my Tesla app, but I also have no cars attached to my Tesla app; just a PowerWall 2 system.

supercharging.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Which is cheaper? Florida at $0.22 per kWh or Georgia at $0.22 per minute > 60 kW ($0.11 < 60 kW)? I guess it depends on SOC, length of time charging etc. Some math involved I'm sure.

For long charges, the per-minute states' equivalent per-kWh rate approaches 1.33x the tier-1 per-minute rate.

Example
Georgia: 22 ¢/min tier 2 (> 60 kW), 11 ¢/min tier 1 (<60 kW)
Florida: 22 ¢/kWh

For a long charge, the equivalent ¢/kWh cost in Georgia is approximately 1.33 x 11 ¢/min = 14.6 ¢/kWh

For this example, Georgia is cheaper for a long charge.

Proof with graphs is here:

Supercharging prices at last

Note that the test and data referenced in that post were done an a Model S 85D. The 85 kWh Model S battery pack does not charge as fast as the Model 3 pack, so theoretically, the Model 3 should actually be even cheaper in the per-minute states.

Last edited:
Thanks SomeJoe7777. Appreciate the reply and the link to your other post - very informative.

For long charges, the per-minute states' equivalent per-kWh rate approaches 1.33x the tier-1 per-minute rate.

Example
Georgia: 22 ¢/min tier 2 (> 60 kW), 11 ¢/min tier 1 (<60 kW)
Florida: 22 ¢/kWh

For a long charge, the equivalent ¢/kWh cost in Georgia is approximately 1.33 x 11 ¢/min = 14.6 ¢/kWh

For this example, Georgia is cheaper for a long charge.

Proof with graphs is here:

Supercharging prices at last

Note that the test and data referenced in that post were done an a Model S 85D. The 85 kWh Model S battery pack does not charge as fast as the Model 3 pack, so theoretically, the Model 3 should actually be even cheaper in the per-minute states.