Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clean full window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we have frameless windows, when you open the doors the windows lower slightly but do not allow you to raise them back up fully when the door is open. Thus you can clean most of the window but to get that last little area at the bottom you have to get in the car and close the door. Not the end of the world but it is kind of annoying. I may be missing something obvious? Thanks.

I haven't seen a way to fully raise the window with the door open, nor would I want to, out of fear of accidentally closing the door with the window still up. It is slightly inconvenient, but I get in and close the door just as you do to clean the entire window.

Not directly related to the windows themselves, but a tip to cleaning the glass panel where the pillar cameras are is to open the front and rear doors. A portion of this glass panel is covered by the doors when they are closed, so be careful not to overlook it, because it is clearly visible when the door is opened.

I haven't seen a way to fully raise the window with the door open, nor would I want to, out of fear of accidentally closing the door with the window still up. It is slightly inconvenient, but I get in and close the door just as you do to clean the entire window.

Not directly related to the windows themselves, but a tip to cleaning the glass panel where the pillar cameras are is to open the front and rear doors. A portion of this glass panel is covered by the doors when they are closed, so be careful not to overlook it, because it is clearly visible when the door is opened.

Yea roger that on the accidental closure - I would be mindful but I can see X amount of the population wouldn't and then all kinds of service appts LOL

Thanks for the tip!

There is a way to fully raise the window when the door is open, and that's how a good tint shop does your windows. They trip the latch when the door is open to make it think the door is closed = the window raises. You've just got to make damn sure you "reopen" the door latch before closing the door or else you'll have fubar'd window trim! I'll just clean my windows whilst sitting in the seat with the door closed.