Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to clean INSIDE of windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use the triangle pad on plastic arm thingy that Bonnie and the others use. I bought it at Target, but Amazon has it cheaper. I use it with just plain water, glass cleaner seems to leave an ugly film. The Model S seems worse than my other cars for some reason (off gassing? who knows) but I can still get good results with a bit of strong scrubbing. What I do is skip cleaning the inside glass when I'm washing the car. I wait until the next morning, around 10am, park the car facing east, this will reveal just how disgusting your windshield really is. (or wait until just before sunset and face the car west). Now that you can see all the grime -- just clean away.

Last edited:
Best is to use a clay bar to get rid of chemical spots,it's amazing how clear the windshield gets,I've used it on the back window and glass roof every 6 months or so. Use Glasswork Clay lubricant and Diamondite Glasswork Cleansing Clay on any glass surface. Before and after is an amazing difference .

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
I've used a 6" high quality squeegee and ammonia free glass cleaner for years on all my cars. Can use a 12" squeegee on the outside. Throw a towel over the top of the dash, go over it twice and use a microfiber towel for the edges. I figure those guys hanging on a scaffold 100 stories up must know something...

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones