TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to clean the pano windscreen

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Theshadows, May 18, 2014.

1. Theshadows

Theshadows Active Member

We love driving with the pano open and it is quite evident now. Our pano windscreen is now full of bugs and lots of pollen it has managed to filter out of the air.

Does anyone have a good solution for cleaning it? The problem is it needs a good washing and to access it the pano roof has to be open. Not exactly the best setup for cleaning it.

2. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I have been wondering this as well. I was thinking a wet rag, then wet rag with windex, woolite, or other light detergent. Then using a spray bottle to 'rinse' the thing off.

It looks like if you can keep the water on the 'outside' of the opening it will run down the outside of the car. You might be able to get away with rinsing with a pitcher or something. This would allow a better cleaner.

But I don't see how anything but scrubbing with at rag/washcloth will get it clean.

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

I was thinking soft bristle-brush.

4. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Drive faster..........

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Good question. I've found that you wait until the bugs have all dried out, then use a good stiff-bristle brush to scrub them off :)

6. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

7. Liz G

Liz G P03056

We use our shop vac to get rid of the pollen and a wet rag to get anything else. Only thing we haven't been able to get rid of is road tar.