Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clear low tire pressure alert?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my MYLR since the end of October and live in Vermont. Snow tires are a must. I opted for a setup with 18" wheels with Micheline X-Ice from Discount Tire Direct.

IMG_3683.jpeg

The ride is softer and the snow handling has been excellent. Perfect for where I live. Discount Tire was unable to get the TPMS so the tires came without them. I have since purchased the sensors but haven't yet had them installed. Tire shops around here tend to be slammed in Nov and Dec when everyone is trying to get their snow tires put on. I have been living with the yellow alert telling me about the TPMS "error". However, the yellow alert turned red and now I can't get rid of it.

The other day, my usual yellow tire pressure warning turned red. The car said that one of my tires is dangerously low and to pull over. This of course, isn't true. I check my tire pressure regularly. But I don't have TPMS installed yet. The red warning hasn't gone away over multiple drives. I've tried resetting the car (held down both buttons), and it was still there when the car woke up. Am I going to have to live with this warning until I get the TPMS installed? Is there any way to manually clear it?