Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to clear warning message?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turns out clearing the message requires sustained highway speeds for 10ish minutes. Makes sense I guess, since the sensor counts tire rotations? Although I had driven quite a bit close to highway speeds before then…

I am wondering the same as well on how to clear this message. My car has only done 2300km, only difference is that i recently had a puncher and had to replace one of the rear tire (same model tire except not the T1 OEM variance).
You will need to drive the car at highway speed for a while for the system to caliber. Mine went away in a day. I don't know if there are much highway in Victoria. You may need to take it over the mainland. When I replaced my tires, I replaced them all with OEM tires. You replacement tire may be the culprit if it has different thread pattern.

Reactions: SleepyPanda
I am experiencing the same issue. Have had a staggered setup for over 6 months now with less than 2k miles and did my first long trip a few weeks back. Light occurred around the 200 mile mark on highway. Since getting home, I have checked that the tires have plenty of tread and do not look to be waring unevenly at all. I have tried the same soft reset and tire configuration reset. I don't want to but I might have to try putting the stock wheels and tires back on to see if it will clear.

The warning went away by itself. Must be some kind of sensing like the TPM. Thanks for the suggestion, however.
Yeah warnings like this are based on longer-term observations by the car, so they take a bit of time before the car can realize the condition has been addressed. Kinda clever of the car though (I assume its monitoring differential wheel rotation and correlating to steering input to detect the slight difference in tire diameter as they wear.)

I really don't need warning like this especially I cannot make the warning go away. For years, we visualized the wear of tire and we rotate the tires. Get rid of this warning thing at the next software update, Elon!

I'm a little concerned that because you personally dont like it you feel no-one else should be allowed to have this warning.
Elon can certainly make it off and on selective. Most cars send out service alert but also provide instruction to mute or delete it. May be Tesla should do that same. However, this is the first time I heard any vehicle that provides tire wear alert that becomes a nuisance for some of us. I think weeks of warning is long enough.