Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

How to cover sunroof effectively?

rjpjnk

Mar 12, 2021
NJ
I am planning to purchase a MY this year and have some reservations about the extremely large sunroof. I realize this is primary a positive feature for most people, but I am not really a fan of sunroofs and am concerned that there is no way to close it or otherwise limit the light/heat from coming in. I like to take naps in daytime.

I see there are shades available that can be attached from the inside. How are these?

I am planning to purchase a MY this year and have some reservations about the extremely large sunroof. I realize this is primary a positive feature for most people, but I am not really a fan of sunroofs and am concerned that there is no way to close it or otherwise limit the light/heat from coming in. I like to take naps in daytime.

I see there are shades available that can be attached from the inside. How are these?

@rjpjnk you may want to have a read through this thread: Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sunshade

Reactions: rjpjnk

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC