TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to datalog (export to .csv) from Scan My Tesla?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by conv90, Jan 4, 2020.

1. conv90

conv90 Member

I can read all the data from OBD2 (Obdlink LX) and scan my tesla with an adapter .
    alla data are instant data.
    How to collect data in csv files or in graphs?
    The SMT google site sys about an arrow menu with LOGs , but I can find any.

2. P3Orion

P3Orion Member

You press the red button at bottom of screen. It will log all parameters on the selected tab.

3. conv90

conv90 Member

Is it so simple? I have to try. But not before tomorrow because I'm a way from car now.
    What happens when you press the red button and one or more parameters are selected?

4. P3Orion

P3Orion Member

The red button starts flashing, telling you it's recording. And a CSV file is created, normally in the ScanMyTesla folder under your device's internal storage.

5. mattvo

mattvo New Member

Hi,
    Any help appreciated.
    Having trouble exporting data from the ScanMyTesla app.
    As indicated above, I've pushed the red button. But when I click the wrench icon, and then "view logs" there is nothing to view.
    Where are the files going? I'd like to export data to excel so I can make graphs looking at energy consumption as a function of speed and outdoor temperature.
    Using a Google Pixel3a.
    Thanks!

6. Ron3KL

Ron3KL New Member

Mattvo, I daresay you've found the answer by now, but for future readers sake...

As P3Orion mentioned above, the files are normally in the the ScanMyTesla folder of what is either called Main Storage or Internal Storage. Using the standard, or a third party file manager, will find them.

However, that said, ScanMyTesla is a little confusing when you press "View Logs", as it seems to invoke whatever app is the default file viewer, which may in turn display a different default folder on start up, making it appear that there are no logs files. You will then have to navigate to the correct folder, described above.

For example in my case, selecting "View Logs", starts up Microsoft OneDrive and that in turn displays "Recent" files by default, not the ScanMyTesla folder. Thanks to P3Orion, I realised what was happening, but I now have to navigate to the correct folder each time.

7. kartikiyer11

kartikiyer11 New Member

Hi,

I am new to the forum and currently working on a research project and would love to have a look at the ScanMyTesla data. Would anyone be willing to share it here. I am looking for the csv format of the data. Please let me know in case of any issues.