Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to datalog (export to .csv) from Scan My Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can read all the data from OBD2 (Obdlink LX) and scan my tesla with an adapter .
alla data are instant data.
How to collect data in csv files or in graphs?
The SMT google site sys about an arrow menu with LOGs , but I can find any.

Hi,
Any help appreciated.
Having trouble exporting data from the ScanMyTesla app.
As indicated above, I've pushed the red button. But when I click the wrench icon, and then "view logs" there is nothing to view.
Where are the files going? I'd like to export data to excel so I can make graphs looking at energy consumption as a function of speed and outdoor temperature.
Using a Google Pixel3a.
Thanks!

Hi,
Where are the files going? I'd like to export data to excel so I can make graphs looking at energy consumption as a function of speed and outdoor temperature.
Using a Google Pixel3a.
Thanks!

Mattvo, I daresay you've found the answer by now, but for future readers sake...

As P3Orion mentioned above, the files are normally in the the ScanMyTesla folder of what is either called Main Storage or Internal Storage. Using the standard, or a third party file manager, will find them.

However, that said, ScanMyTesla is a little confusing when you press "View Logs", as it seems to invoke whatever app is the default file viewer, which may in turn display a different default folder on start up, making it appear that there are no logs files. You will then have to navigate to the correct folder, described above.

For example in my case, selecting "View Logs", starts up Microsoft OneDrive and that in turn displays "Recent" files by default, not the ScanMyTesla folder. Thanks to P3Orion, I realised what was happening, but I now have to navigate to the correct folder each time.

Hi,

I am new to the forum and currently working on a research project and would love to have a look at the ScanMyTesla data. Would anyone be willing to share it here. I am looking for the csv format of the data. Please let me know in case of any issues.

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to create a new one to ask a similar question. I recently installed ScanMyTesla, and clicking the red button on the bottom-right throws a long error that starts with "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/storage/emulated/0/ScanMyTesla/Trip2022-01-08 14-04-17.csv' is denied."

The app didn't create a ScanMyTesla folder on my phone's internal storage, so I created one manually. But it still doesn't work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to create a new one to ask a similar question. I recently installed ScanMyTesla, and clicking the red button on the bottom-right throws a long error that starts with "System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/storage/emulated/0/ScanMyTesla/Trip2022-01-08 14-04-17.csv' is denied."

The app didn't create a ScanMyTesla folder on my phone's internal storage, so I created one manually. But it still doesn't work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Hi,
No sure if you still have this issue. However :

I just had the same problem.
I could find the data logs in internal storage\download

BR

Reactions: Baluchi