Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to define preset for radio stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Droschke

Mar 8, 2015
Future
My media app shows 3 radio stations preset buttons, which I probably have set years ago. I can press on any of the three buttons and it plays the assigned station. How to I modify these presets for different stations? There is no preset menu on the screen under the media app and nothing in the latest version of manual stating how to define presets (I suppose it did at one time). Also, if defining the presets is still possible, how many can we define, only 3?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the "favorites", but the "presets" for the stations. Thanks in advance.

Model S, 2015
Software version: Ver. 9, 2018.42.2

Unfortunately, the favorites, particularly podcasts, tend to disappear when a new firmware download happens. I wish there were a way to save these externally, either in the cloud, or on a USB stick. Generally, I can recreate them from the Recents list, but the last update wiped those out too.

Tune to a station and then tap the star icon. It should now be filled in along with a preset button being created.
To get rid of a button, tap the star and the preset button disappears.

It does not work as one would expect. It produces a big mess. Here is what I've done (multiple times):

Rebooted
Wiped all favorites (un-star them)
Rebooted

Media\Radio
1) Manual tune station A, press star
2) Manual tune station B, press star
3) Manual tune station C, press star

Radio favorites:
Press station A, you hear station A (expected), screen shows station A playing (expected)
Three preset buttons show on the top with preset#1 highlighted (expected)
Press preset#2, station B plays (expected), but still shows station A dial# on the screen (wrong)
Press preset#3, station A plays (wrong), shows station A playing on the screen (wrong)

Radio favorites:
press station B, station B plays, shows station B on the screen (expected), NO preset buttons appear on the screen (why not?)
press station C, station C plays, shows station C on the screen (expected), NO preset buttons appear on the screen (why not?)

It's really a mess!