Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to delay delivery until 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the reductions in China, the increased competition (and at lower price points) alone with recession costs starting to slightly roll back I’m wondering if Musk will start rolling down Tesla pricing in the US. Or at the very least start rushing the new “$25K” car; which is half, or so, of a MY.

Thoughts and comments people ?

Reactions: dm33
With the reductions in China, the increased competition (and at lower price points) alone with recession costs starting to slightly roll back I’m wondering if Musk will start rolling down Tesla pricing in the US. Or at the very least start rushing the new “$25K” car; which is half, or so, of a MY.

Thoughts and comments people ?
Is the $13000 discount not enough?

Does it really take a 3 to $25K? At least pre-pandemic pricing.

It’s certainly not the smaller, possibly 3-door Model 2(?) hot hatch most were/are expecting.
No, but they likely aren't going to continue rolling prices back unless people stop buying altogether. With the prices as they are now, all Model 3 trims qualify for $7500 tax incentive (M3P is limited to $1k in options). $44k, $50k, $54k. That makes effective prices $36.5k-$46.5k. And keep in mind the $30k model 3 was a 200 mile SR. The 240 SR+ was $5k more. $36.5k-$5k = $31,500 equivalent price if the SR was offered. These prices post tax incentives are almost back to that initially promised pricing.

For model y, the initial SR price was $40k. If you take the current $53k-$7500=$45,500. That's only a $5500 upgrade to get from the $40,000 base to a LR AWD.