Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to delete a safety score mistake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are trying to get a high safety score for FSD beta and you make a mistake (i.e. forward collision warning or following too close), pull over, stop, put car in park, go to autopilot, opt out of FSD Beta, then. immediately opt back in by checking the three boxes and submitting. When you drive away, your last drive will immediately be forgotten and will never appear in your record. One Caveat, I did it too many times one day and it reset my whole score to 100 but zero miles. Now I only allow myself one toggle per day and it works like a charm! 13 days with perfect score, but many erased ohshits!

Thank you for sharing this. On a very short drive, a guy swoop in and stopped right in front of us, creating following, hard braking and forward collision all in one scary event. (Oakland, always an adventure in driving!) I knew the score would be terrible, so I tried your trick. Ta-Da! That drive didn't get logged. Phew!

Thanks again,
SW

Reactions: Fiddler
There's an easier way. Pull over, but do not put the car in park. Reboot the car by pressing and holding both thumb wheels. Your entire drive is now deleted. If you put it in Park, the drive is remembered so you have to reboot before putting it in Park.

• Disagree
Reactions: KArnold
There's an easier way.
Nakk,

That does not seem to work anymore. It used to work, but I think I read on some thread here in TMC that this workaround got patched out in a more recent update. So I tried it this evening, rebooted after a drive but before putting it into Park, and the trip. got logged anyway.

So, you might want to test for yourself. My model Y is on version 2022.4.5.3 now, so if your's predates that, it may still work for you.

As I posted earlier, I also confirmed that the trick the original poster in this thread describes did work for me.

How do you reset it entirely?

I had three false FCW warnings that wrecked my score. I've tried opting in and out with no luck. What if I just cancel my FSD sub completely? Will it reset then if I re-sub some time later?

What if I just cancel my FSD sub completely? Will it reset then if I re-sub some time later?
I did exactly that a couple weeks ago, stayed opted out for about three days. The score and those days stayed on the app. After three days I opted back in, and new drives and days were averaged in, so no reset. But... a few days later, my score jumped up. On closer insepction the app was no longer including those days before my opt-out. So it seems, that with patience, I was able to erase those bad days. This was all within a couple of weeks, so it was not the 30 day rule at play.

But the 30 day rule may also work for you. I've read that the score is the average of only the last 30 days, so if you drive clean for that long, the dings should fall out of consideration.

Regarding those FCW's they are the worst, especially when the car is hallucinating them. They do attenuate as you add miles, though the miles that day form the daily score, and future miles won't change that. Future days' miles will attenuate a bad day, but a bad FCW ding can be bad, bad. My opt-out was after my wife scored a 42% one morning. I went out to add miles and got out daily score up to 84, but it takes a lot of 100 miles to make up for that. Hence our try at the opt-out. Since then 100's are the norm, but it does train one to pay a lot of attention... Or use auto-pilot a lot.

Good luck! And hang in there. No one in the US has been added to Beta since December. Perhaps Tesla has enough already to find most of the bugs and edge conditions. On the other hand, the cars will have to handle all of the edge conditions, as well as all of the crazy and careless human drivers, so lots more "Beta" may still be in order before it becomes production standard.

What I mean to say is that no one knows if a good safety score will ever get you into Beta, or if it will happen later on today. Have no expectations and you'll have no disappointments. ;-)

But the 30 day rule may also work for you. I've read that the score is the average of only the last 30 days, so if you drive clean for that long, the dings should fall out of consideration.

Regarding those FCW's they are the worst, especially when the car is hallucinating them. They do attenuate as you add miles, though the miles that day form the daily score, and future miles won't change that. Future days' miles will attenuate a bad day, but a bad FCW ding can be bad, bad. My opt-out was after my wife scored a 42% one morning. I went out to add miles and got out daily score up to 84, but it takes a lot of 100 miles to make up for that. Hence our try at the opt-out. Since then 100's are the norm, but it does train one to pay a lot of attention... Or use auto-pilot a lot.

Good luck! And hang in there. No one in the US has been added to Beta since December. Perhaps Tesla has enough already to find most of the bugs and edge conditions. On the other hand, the cars will have to handle all of the edge conditions, as well as all of the crazy and careless human drivers, so lots more "Beta" may still be in order before it becomes production standard.

What I mean to say is that no one knows if a good safety score will ever get you into Beta, or if it will happen later on today. Have no expectations and you'll have no disappointments. ;-)
That's how I ended up doing it. I always took the "queue" thing literally - first in, first out - and figured if I kept cheating the score, if/when they added more beta drivers, I didn't want to be near the end of a potentially long line. The first day I re-entered the queue, I had a FCW off-AP wreck my score. I kept driving, though, getting 100's every day and after that drive fell off, I was sitting on a perfect score. I got another FCW (sneaky guy jumped out in a parking lot) and it only knocked my score down 1 point. Last week, 99 score, got in with the mass push.

Reactions: Fiddler
Anybody know how to clear a "strike'? I'm currently in the Beta, but don't deserve that strike on my record. My in-cabin camera malfunctioned and caused an avalanche of false alerts. In fact I couldn't engage Autopilot at all without it seeming like I was ignoring Blue Nag warnings. Tesla replaced the camera and everything is working normally now. But how do I clear the strike?

Anybody know how to clear a "strike'? I'm currently in the Beta, but don't deserve that strike on my record. My in-cabin camera malfunctioned and caused an avalanche of false alerts. In fact I couldn't engage Autopilot at all without it seeming like I was ignoring Blue Nag warnings. Tesla replaced the camera and everything is working normally now. But how do I clear the strike?
Email the address they gave you with documentation. They’ll probably ignore it.