Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to delete on board video?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Stewart

2021 MY, blue/black FSD & Tow
Dec 22, 2020
Mill Creek, WA
I have a on board video (was a active alarm footage) that I’m unable to delete. I did remove the USB stick and see that it’s in the “saved” directory. Had the mobile service guy out for a unrelated issue and couldn’t remove it ether, he said that he’ll look into it, I suspect that’s not going to happen ☹️. Anyone have any good ideas?

I have the exact same issue. Did you get it resolved yet?
No, the response that I was given “this will be fixed in a future firmware update “. Not surprised by the answer, not thrilled ether. I’m guessing that if this was a widespread issue I suspect that it would have been posted on this forum already. I worked ( now retired) in the computer industry and we called these “corner cases” as in back into 🤦‍♂️! Not super critical, but irritating!

Reactions: Danggermouse8
Force another video recording event to replace that one onboard. Some software update added onboard storage for the last event, I think just in case of an accident and no USB drive for sentry recording was present, so it could still be saved. Not sure there is any way to erase that right now, but if only one video can be saved to internal storage, do something to create a new one to replace it. That is what I would try...

Reactions: xls_