Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to determine if used MX from Tesla site has MCU2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You'd probably be good with any VIN of 90,000 or higher. I purchased a 2017 MX 100D earlier this year. Back then, they were posting real photos. I was able to tell that it had the dashcam functionality, so I knew it already had the FSD computer. And I could tell it was tuned to an FM station from the pictures and since there was no FM for the retrofit back then, I knew it didn't have MCU2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know MCU2 comes on cars after March 2018, but how can I determine that from Tesla used website or ev-cpo?

On EV-CPO.com you can go to the "Column Selector" and add the "Factory Build Date" column. This won't tell you for sure a car has MCU2, but any build date after March 2018 should have MCU2.

Or you can go to any car detail page and in your browser select "View Source" then search for the "FactoryGatedDate" field which should tell you the build date.

Reactions: Stin121 and VikH
On EV-CPO.com you can go to the "Column Selector" and add the "Factory Build Date" column. This won't tell you for sure a car has MCU2, but any build date after March 2018 should have MCU2.

Or you can go to any car detail page and in your browser select "View Source" then search for the "FactoryGatedDate" field which should tell you the build date.
whoa, didn't even know about column selector, that's pretty cool, thanks!

Reactions: EV-CPO
But, you may be able to use this link and just replace the VIN number for real photos of the car...
2018 Tesla Model X 5YJXCAE43JF106596

Where did you get this link?
Code:
https://sc.pathmazing.com/tesla/details/@/5YJXCAE43JF106596

The domain in this link is "sc.pathamazing.com" which isn't associated with Tesla and seems to be a man-in-the-middle exploit by a web development firm in Cambodia. I would highly recommend NOT using that link.

The official link to used car photos on Tesla's site is as follow (just replace the VIN):

Code:
https://backwebs.homenetinc.com/tesla/details/@/5YJXCAE43JF106596/

• Informative
Reactions: enzo
@EV-CPO
It's the official way Tesla links to their used inventory photos. I've purchased 2 used Model X's and both times they sent me that link, albeit with a different VIN each time.
But I see what you are saying. Your link would be safer.
Oh and thank you for your site! I used it both times to find the exact Model X's we wanted!

@EV-CPO
It's the official way Tesla hosts their used inventory photos. I've purchased 2 used Model X's and both times they sent me that link, albeit with a different VIN each time.

Tesla sent you those links directly?

It's still a man-in-the-middle gateway to the homenetinc.com domain which has been the source of the used car photos for a couple years now. I still assert something fishy is going on there.

HomeNet Automotive (Home - HomeNet Automotive) handles all the photography of the Tesla used cars.

edit: If you go to this link:
Code:
https://sc.pathmazing.com
(the root domain of the rogue photos link) it just says "Hello World!!!" which I'm sure has nothing to do with Tesla and someone is injecting/replacing the domain before you've received it.

Last edited:

I'm not saying it's not a legit business, but the "sc.pathmazing.com" subdomain is hosted separately from the main company website, and seems to be a rouge, hacked version of the original source.

Digging into this deeper, if you know anything about HTML source, just look at the source of each page.

HomeNet Automotive:
Code:
view-source:https://backwebs.homenetinc.com/tesla/details/@/5YJXCAE43JF106596/

Pathmazing:
Code:
view-source:https://sc.pathmazing.com/tesla/details/@/5YJXCAE43JF106596

Clearly the pathmazing link is a hacked, butchered up version of the homenetinc.com source page, and missing a significant amount of code and tracking. The pathmazing source even has some hacked code at the bottom from stackoverflow.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I can bet that it's not "official" and someone is using/replacing that link for some nefarious reason(s).

Last edited:
I see that they do mention Tesla as a client, I don't see how their products (Pursuit of The Extraordinary) fit into any of Tesla's current requirements.

If it is official, then blow me over, that's some really strange way to publish official photos to the public. And Tesla is known for "Not Invented Here" syndrome. I'm not sure they needed to hire Pathmazing to add a simple site to host photos already hosted on their HomeNet Automotive provider site. I still think it's weird.

Last edited:
whoa, didn't even know about column selector, that's pretty cool, thanks!

weird, I thought I got it working for a while, but now it just says "Build Date null" for all the cars, did I break something?

I see that they do mention Tesla as a client, I don't see how their products (Pursuit of The Extraordinary) fit into any of Tesla's current requirements.

If it is official, then blow me over, that's some really strange way to publish official photos to the public. And Tesla is known for "Not Invented Here" syndrome. I'm not sure they needed to hire Pathmazing to add a simple site to host photos already hosted on their HomeNet Automotive provider site. I still think it's weird.

cheapest outsourcing they can find?

Reactions: EV-CPO