Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to disable 100% charging warning message?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for the past week I've been charging my software-limited 60 MS to 100% on daily basis, since it shouldn't be hurting the battery pack. In that time, twice I've received a warning message about the 100% daily charging, which I just dismiss without changing my charging limit. How often and long am I going to be prompted with this warning? Is there a way to disable it? Thanks.

How many times do you have to charge to 100% before you start getting the warning? I have charged to 100% at least 5 or 6 times in the 2 months I've had the car (for day trips where I wanted the range) and have never seen any warnings.

Reactions: Lbkmxp100d
You could just charge to 99% instead.
I'm going to try this.

It is really annoying to park at a SuperCharger and get the message "If you let the battery go any lower while it is cold, it might not be able to heat up enough to charge later on." as if I'm trying to clog the SuperCharger parking spot without using it, only to immediately have it followed after using the SuperCharger with "If you keep charging to 100%, your battery life may be limited." after barely making it to this hop in the trip. MAKE UP YOUR MIND! God woman!

I'm going to try this.

It is really annoying to park at a SuperCharger and get the message "If you let the battery go any lower while it is cold, it might not be able to heat up enough to charge later on." as if I'm trying to clog the SuperCharger parking spot without using it, only to immediately have it followed after using the SuperCharger with "If you keep charging to 100%, your battery life may be limited." after barely making it to this hop in the trip. MAKE UP YOUR MIND! God woman!
If you Supercharge to 100% often, you're probably doing it wrong.

How many times do you have to charge to 100% before you start getting the warning? I have charged to 100% at least 5 or 6 times in the 2 months I've had the car (for day trips where I wanted the range) and have never seen any warnings.

I have also charged to 100% while on trips and have never received the warning. I suspect it may have to do with the percentage of charges that the vehicle charges to 100%. In my case I would say it's less than 5% as I charge my vehicle to 90% every night and to 100% when needing the range for traveling out of town.

• Disagree
Reactions: sorka and fallen888
I have also charged to 100% while on trips and have never received the warning. I suspect it may have to do with the percentage of charges that the vehicle charges to 100%. In my case I would say it's less than 5% as I charge my vehicle to 90% every night and to 100% when needing the range for traveling out of town.

Maybe it has to do with setting the slider on the app as opposed to in the vehicle? If you use the app to set it to 100% you should get the warning, at least on occasion.

If you Supercharge to 100% often, you're probably doing it wrong.
Why? 100% on a software limited 60 is 86% (read elsewhere on the forum how people got the number out of the diagnostics software and comparing supercharging curves). So, it's like charging a 75 to 86%, which is not unusual. I did a 6000+ mile trip last year and quickly learned that charging more than the Tesla trip software says is strongly advised unless you're planning to drive under speed limit on some stretches, or freak out when you hit a 15mile detour (happened once on my trip, SC exit closed). I didn't charge to 100 only because after 90-some the charge rate on my 85 is crawling and regen gets disabled, but on a software limited 60 that is not the case, so an extra few minutes buys piece of mind and an ability to drive in a more spirited fashion.

So for the past week I've been charging my software-limited 60 MS to 100% on daily basis, since it shouldn't be hurting the battery pack. In that time, twice I've received a warning message about the 100% daily charging, which I just dismiss without changing my charging limit. How often and long am I going to be prompted with this warning? Is there a way to disable it? Thanks.[/QUOT]As far as I know there is no user control to turn off that warning.

You can try @rypalmer suggestion and set the charge level slider to just slightly below 100%. I find that is easier to do through the app as opposed to the center display.

The warning only appears after you have had repeated back-to-back 100% charges. I apologize, I don't remember how many in a row causes the warning, but it's back-to-back 100% charging that generates the warning. Theoretically, if you charged every night, and only went to 100% on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you'd never see the warning.

Reactions: croman
But if you interrupt the charge short of 90 or charge only to 90 every other day you'll avoid the notice but the point is that Tesla should waive that warning for S60 owners that are software limited 75s since its only 86% of the actual battery capacity (but Tesla wants our upgrade money, lets be real, this warning isn't going away).