Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to disable activated Alarm? Phone App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jedi2155

Model 3 has Arrived.
Jul 6, 2018
Upland, CA
More than once, I've inadvertently activated my car alarm waking up the house late at night (for example, wife stays in car after I leave, and I'm not nearby, car self locks and gets open from inside) and I have no idea how to turn it off on my phone app.

I get a notification on my phone that it activates, but none of the options (lock/unlock fails), gives me the capability to stop the alarm. In a normal key fob, you hit the unlock button which disables the alarm, but AFAIK we don't have that option on our phone.

Anyone else experienced this?

No.

Try this: LMGTFY

So, this has happened at least 3x since you posted that for me. Including once where it woke up the whole household at 2 AM, and Tesla's instructions does not work whatsoever.

Opening up the app, and pressing ANY button, does NOT stop the alarm. It will continuing blaring for the full 20-30s regardless of key presses. The only way i know that stops it, is if you try to lock-unlock the car, but that also DOES NOT work if you're wife is the one who opened the door from the inside in the first place in half dazed asleep state.

So, this has happened at least 3x since you posted that for me. Including once where it woke up the whole household at 2 AM, and Tesla's instructions does not work whatsoever.

Opening up the app, and pressing ANY button, does NOT stop the alarm. It will continuing blaring for the full 20-30s regardless of key presses. The only way i know that stops it, is if you try to lock-unlock the car, but that also DOES NOT work if you're wife is the one who opened the door from the inside in the first place in half dazed asleep state.
Your wife sleeps in the car?

I've also probably spent several hours sleeping in the car in the garage as well after driving home from a long day at work.

Hope you never have to rent an ICE vehicle while your T's in the shop. After driving Teslas for several months, its amazing how quickly you forget to do things like "shut off engine", "remove key from ignition" - in your case, it could be dangerous!

Hope you never have to rent an ICE vehicle while your T's in the shop. After driving Teslas for several months, its amazing how quickly you forget to do things like "shut off engine", "remove key from ignition" - in your case, it could be dangerous!

I've been driving EV's since 2008 ;). Wife still drives an ICE though....but she usually takes a nap after her shift or occasionally pulls over prior to coming home. She's interested in swapping a Tesla too though :D.

This happened to me the other day while my daughter was reading a book in the car. I tried everything possible with the Tesla app on my phone and Nothing would shut off that loud blaring alarm!

So seriously, is the Only way to shut off the alarm to put the Tesla Credit Card on the door pillar sensor?!?!?

• Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155
Presumably, you don't want to disable walkaway lock. How about simply unlocking the car with the app as soon as the walkaway feature has locked it? Or maybe leave your phone in the car with her? Or set her phone up as another key (not sure this would work as hoped, though; multiple phone-keys may mess things up).

Just some ideas.

Getting more sleep in a bed might help, too. ;)

(I see I'm a bit late with that. It's a semi-zombie thread.)

This happened to me the other day while my daughter was reading a book in the car. I tried everything possible with the Tesla app on my phone and Nothing would shut off that loud blaring alarm!

So seriously, is the Only way to shut off the alarm to put the Tesla Credit Card on the door pillar sensor?!?!?

AFAIK yes. I gave up on trying to solve it and finally just bought a damn fob.

As for my wife getting more sleep.....she's a night shift nurse, not likely to happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J