Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to disable Theater apps on back screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just took delivery of our Model X, and noticed that all the Theater apps are available to the back seat screen.

We'd like to disable TikTock, Hulu, and YouTube so our kids only have Disney+ and Netflix abilities with their profiles.

Best I can find is an option to "lock" the back screen. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

We just took delivery of our Model X, and noticed that all the Theater apps are available to the back seat screen.

We'd like to disable TikTock, Hulu, and YouTube so our kids only have Disney+ and Netflix abilities with their profiles.

Best I can find is an option to "lock" the back screen. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
from the manual:

"You can lock the rear touchscreen by touching Controls > Display > Lock Rear Display. Locking the rear display stops any media and video apps from playing, and all touches are ignored until you use this setting to unlock it."

• Helpful
Reactions: Eugene Ash
Upvote 0

Probably easiest just to tell the kids they aren’t allowed to use Tiktock Hulu or YouTube.. I doubt there will ever be an update to individually remove access to apps in the back screen

Upvote 0