Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How To Disassemble Display Box?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The "key in ignition" with door open bell is inside the Vehicle Display System, the info screen. I want to open the box and see if I can silence it. The box appears to use some sort of adhesive tape to hold it together. Is there much risk of doing damage by splitting the case? There are several small screws on the back, they appear to be securing the guts to the box as opposed to holding the case together. In the picture you can see the duct tape I used to cover the sound holes to muffle it. The tape definitely helps but I would like to eliminate the bell altogether.
Tesla Dash 4-3-2013 038.JPG

How about an exterior muzzle?
That's a good idea! If I can't find a way to completely silence it, I could cover it with Dynamat or something similar and I think that would kill more of the noise.
Thanks Eric!

(Thinking out loud).:biggrin: Another option might be to jump the wires at the door switch so that the car thinks the door is always closed. I guess the down side to that would be that the dome light wouldn't go on when you open the door.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes your lot in life is to serve as an example to others. Onward!

Excelsior! :biggrin: