Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How To Disconnect Seat Belt Buzzer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any of you done this? Based on what I read on a Lotus site, it sounds like the connector may be under the seat? I presume disconnecting the wire to the buzzer would not affect air bag operation? Before anyone gets all bent out of shape, :biggrin: I wear my seatbelt any time I drive over one mph in my driveway. I just don't want or need buzzers in my cars.

I don't have an answer but I too am interested. I'm SUPER anal about wearing my seatbelt and making all my passengers wear a seatbelt but I nearly always take it off when backing into parking spots and my garage and the ding is THE MOST annoying ding I've ever heard on a car.

***SUBSCRIBED***

I removed the driver's seat today and disconnected the wire going to the seatbelt. No more warning bell or light! :biggrin: I took it for a test drive and there are no apparent problems. If I was going to do this to another car, I would try to do the job without disconnecting the seatbelt from the seat. It was a bear getting it back on, there has to be a better way but I couldn't figure it out. There is a spacer between the seat and the seatbelt end. It was difficult for me to get the spacer to stay where I wanted it. Next time I might try JB Weld or an adhesive to hold the metal spacer in place.

I removed the driver's seat today and disconnected the wire going to the seatbelt. No more warning bell or light! :biggrin: I took it for a test drive and there are no apparent problems. If I was going to do this to another car, I would try to do the job without disconnecting the seatbelt from the seat. It was a bear getting it back on, there has to be a better way but I couldn't figure it out. There is a spacer between the seat and the seatbelt end. It was difficult for me to get the spacer to stay where I wanted it. Next time I might try JB Weld or an adhesive to hold the metal spacer in place.

It might even be possible to disconnect the wire without removing the seat? I can see the connector next to the seat, under the console, with the seat installed. It may be possible to fish the connectors out far enough to disconnect? The pictures show the white connector next to the seat/console. The other pictures show the white seat belt wire connector and the black seat heater connector, with the seat removed.

Tesla Seat Removal 001.JPG
Tesla Seat Removal 002.JPG
Tesla Seat Removal 003.JPG
Tesla Seat Removal #1 001.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I had to remove the hard top to get the seat out.

Last edited:
So you just had to unplug the cable? So that means that "open" on the circuit means seatbelt plugged in and closed means seatbelt unplugged? Seems backwards to me - why not make the seatbelt tongue "close" the circuit?