Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to document packages/features/upgrades on my now crashed/dead 2013 Model S P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, I was involved in an accident that significantly damaged my 2013 Model S. The insurance company is requiring documentation for anything their adjuster did not document in their Market Valuation Report. I was able to push back on things they should be able to visually identify, such as the rear facing jump seats, the 21 inch turbine wheels, the panoramic sunroof and the carbon fiber décor, but they are asking for documentation (specifically the window sticker) for packages such as the Sound Studio Package, the Performance Plus Package and the Tech Package. I bought the car used through a 3rd party and do not have the original window sticker.

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Tesla Customer Service but they were unable to help. They said they do not have access to the information. She suggested I try to "jump" the car so I can gain access to the screen where I should be able to find the information. Seeing as how the front of the car is damaged, I will likely not be able to gain access to the battery. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. These packages (and I am not even sure whether or not my car has them) add almost $4k in value to the payout and/or the decision to repair or total the vehicle.

I just don't understand how a company that manufactures a car so deeply integrated with software does not have a record of what features/packages are associated with a VIN. I'm already so frustrated that my car is likely totaled and this is just salt in the wound.

Secondary question - How do I know if my car has "Performance Leather Seats"?

Again, any help is appreciated!

You can go to https://ev-cpo.com/ and use the option code lookup, but note that this is not always correct. It lists my car as not having performance plus suspension or ludicrous mode, but my car has both.

For the stereo you can have them identify the midrange drivers in the dash and the subwoofer in the passenger side of the hatch.

A car with performance plus suspension will have FDSS on the sticker:

20191013_185202.jpg

There are a number of features included in the tech package that you can identify by sight:

Reactions: gaswalla
Upvote 0