TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

How to edit post?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by r6bruin, Apr 12, 2017.

1. r6bruin

r6bruin Member

Sorry for the basic question, but I would like to edit a post that I started but cannot seem to find a 'edit' button, only 'reply' and 'quote' option is available.

Can you please advise how this can be done?

Thanks!

2. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

IF you can edit (and there's a limited amount of time that you can), you'll see the button in the lower left of your message (near "REPORT"). You've only posted 7 messages, so you might not be able to edit at all until you have more under your belt. (Which, I think, is a bit silly: you should at LEAST be able to edit any message that doesn't have any replies yet!)

3. r6bruin

r6bruin Member

Thanks for the info ThisIsTrue, looks like I need to keep replying other posts and accumulate my post count before I can update my thread before it is locked :)

4. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

Right. You have to have a certain number of posts to have a "signature" and to put in an "avatar" (photo), too. Still, there's a very limited amount of time to edit a post even when you have lots of posts.

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

There are also various levels of TMC membership which allow for extended editing privileges, among other benefits.
    https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/account/upgrades

And lastly, you could trying hitting the "report" button at the bottom of your post, and ask a Moderator to assist with your request.

• Like x 1
  6. Sawyer8888

Sawyer8888 Member

#6 Sawyer8888, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    You have one hour to edit your commentary once you have it posted. The hour starts over after you complete your edit. Once the hour is up, you can no longer edit your post.

Select: "more" and you'll see the edit option...
    20170412_213153.png

7. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

So add a space to every post every 59 minutes, and you can edit indefinitely! :D

• Funny x 1
  8. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Good to know. I've been unnecessarily deleting posts and starting over just because I found a typo or poor wording. This will be great. Thank you.

9. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

So if I made a grammatical error and do not see it right away I cannot edit the mistake.

10. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

You have even less time (10 minutes?) to edit the first post in a new thread you start. Also with new threads, you can't edit the title at all. You have to report it and let a moderator fix it for you.

(This applies to regular members)

• Helpful x 1