Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to edit post?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
Like markonikov I want to post a new question.
I cannot find an answer in the forums so I guess it’s an “original “ question.
Where o where do I find out how to make a new posting/thread ?
I am new to the forum , I tried searching Help etc etc to no avail.

Hi
Like markonikov I want to post a new question.
I cannot find an answer in the forums so I guess it’s an “original “ question.
Where o where do I find out how to make a new posting/thread ?
I am new to the forum , I tried searching Help etc etc to no avail.
Navigate to the desired forum or subforum topic (where your question belongs) and click "Post New Thread".

In general, once posts are made, they're up for good. With some levels of paid accounts you have the ability to edit posts after-the-fact, but even then there are time limits. So write your posts carefully. :)

If you really really really really need a post deleted or edited, report that post and a moderator will take a look. In general we try not to delete or edit posts except in cases of obvious errors (such as duplicate posts) or personal information being accidentally disclosed, that sort of thing.

Hope this helps!

Bruce.

Thanks so much Bruce. It looks like my account is up and running now. I appreciate all your advices and your checking on those issues.

I am very glad I joined your community.

Best regards,
M

In general, once posts are made, they're up for good. With some levels of paid accounts you have the ability to edit posts after-the-fact, but even then there are time limits. So write your posts carefully. :)

If you really really really really need a post deleted or edited, report that post and a moderator will take a look. In general we try not to delete or edit posts except in cases of obvious errors (such as duplicate posts) or personal information being accidentally disclosed, that sort of thing.

Hope this helps!

Bruce.

Hope this helps!

Bruce.

I am trying to make my first post and do not see how to do that. All I see that I can do is reply. Please advise.

From the page footer:

"Copyright © 2006-2018 Tesla Motors Club LLC. All rights reserved. Tesla Motors Club LLC (TMC) is an independent enthusiast organization and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc. or its subsidiaries."

What are you having problems with? If you can be specific about the difficulties you're seeing, perhaps we can give you some hints to get you going.

Bruce.

Cannot figure out how to do a post also I have three messages and have no idea how to access them. Please help.

Cannot figure out how to do a post also I have three messages and have no idea how to access them. Please help.

To make a post that starts a new thread, navigate to the forum where you want the post to appear, and then click on "Post New Thread" (it's a red button on top of the message list, on the right side of the window).

To access messages, look for a little box with a downward pointing arrow near the top right of the window. If you have unread messages, it will have a number inside a red box overlaid on it.

Bruce.

Hope this helps!

Bruce.
Hi Bruce,
I made a recent post in a Space X Investor forum explaining one of the recent private equity offers going around. A friend of mine suggested that this may cause litigation issues so I'm hoping there is a way to delete this comment all together. I really appreciate your time, thanks!

Hi Bruce,
I made a recent post in a Space X Investor forum explaining one of the recent private equity offers going around. A friend of mine suggested that this may cause litigation issues so I'm hoping there is a way to delete this comment all together. I really appreciate your time, thanks!

Did you report your post and ask for it to be deleted? reporting the post will get the attention of a mod for that section, when they check their open items. Thats the best way to get a moderators attention that can take action, and also records a request, in the cases where we are not deciding to do something on our own, but because of a request.

TL ; DR, go report the post in question and ask for it to be deleted. I dont know how many moderators have access to that specific section, but thats the best (and most appropriate) way.

I tried to post in the market place:
1. I made some mistakes and would like to edit them, it remains unclear as to why that is not allowed since making the add more correct is a good thing right?
2. It's been about 24 hours and still not "ok'd" by moderators. How long does it take usually? Is there a minimum post limit before one can place an add?

Thanks

Fabian

I tried to post in the market place:
1. I made some mistakes and would like to edit them, it remains unclear as to why that is not allowed since making the add more correct is a good thing right?
2. It's been about 24 hours and still not "ok'd" by moderators. How long does it take usually? Is there a minimum post limit before one can place an add?

Thanks

Fabian
I'm in a similar predicament as I'd like to edit the price on the Tesla I am selling but it appears, from what I've read, that I might need to post more replies before the edit button will show up on my account. Any info on this would be helpful?

It is no longer possible to edit or delete your own post within a certain time frame, is this new @bmah? Thnx.

Not sure why you'd expect me to know more than anybody else. :cool:

That having been said I know that people have had issues working with posts on mobile browsers in portrait mode (but landscape mode or desktop browsers work OK). If this applies to you, then as a workaround rotate your device to landscape mode. Admins are aware of the problem, might have a fix for it, if I understand correctly.

Bruce.

Reactions: Enzo63
Not sure why you'd expect me to know more than anybody else. :cool:

That having been said I know that people have had issues working with posts on mobile browsers in portrait mode (but landscape mode or desktop browsers work OK). If this applies to you, then as a workaround rotate your device to landscape mode. Admins are aware of the problem, might have a fix for it, if I understand correctly.

Bruce.
Will give it a try. Thnx.

PS it works

Reactions: MitchMitch and bmah