Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to file complaint against specific employee?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This type of thinking is what keeps enabling them to disregard customers. Enough complaints will eventually reach someone.
I think you misunderstand. I'm all for escalating the issue and filing legitimate complaints through any avenue accessible. Tesla needs to do better in this area and their misses need to be brought to their attention in as many ways as possible.

However I'll maintain the opinion that the breakdown here is the process, management, and escalation - not the front-line employee who is just doing what they're told.

You can’t book anything through the app once your MCU fails bc it won’t connect to your car anymore.

sorry I didn’t realize that wanting to book a service appointment without having my husband approve of it makes me a Karen. I guess I’m just lucky it didn’t brick on the side of the road with my kids in the car.

Our 2017 MX was bought under my name alone. It is my wife's car. There is no Additional Driver listed under the account for it. I didn't even know there is this option online. My wife never had any problem contacting roadside or schedule appointment (when it was still phone scheduling). This is disturbing to know that they won't let you do that.

Reactions: croman
It's definitely the one thing I miss about BMW, and even Ford, the makes of my two previous cars before my Teslas. They were generally always available to pick up the phone, and could usually arrange something in a shorter time frame than Tesla can, and generally provided better service, including loaners. Seems Tesla has been on a "cost-optimization" strategy for while now (nice euphemism for what it means for customers). But with the price cuts in Model S, so too has the presige and related perks of owning one been cut as well. We are now relegated to the "masses" regardless of whether we own an S or a 3. Maybe there will be a special direct phone line only for Roadster 2.0 owners?

I just picked up a brand new Tesla on Saturday, btw, to find a roughly 2 square foot patch of roughness in the paint on the left side of hte rear bumper. Nothing they could buff out with the tools they have there, and the soonest I could get an appointment through the app was a week away. I could not believe the issue passed QC. And even when I take the car in I'm not sure how I'm gonna get home. Ubers are off limit in my family due to Covid, So I guess my significant other is gonna have to drive 30 minutes behind me to take me home, and then back to the service center when it's complete. For a brand new car!

And regarding loaners, I'm shocked they cannot make that work. They are spending probably on average $100+ per service appointment for ubers, how can they not do it more efficiently with a fleet of base model 3s?

Anyway, regardless, I do think it's important to get all relevant names added to the account asap after purchasing. That's the main lesson I'm getting here.
with everything going on today and with that kind of paint issue (2 sq ft is big) I would have refused the car

I think you misunderstand. I'm all for escalating the issue and filing legitimate complaints through any avenue accessible. Tesla needs to do better in this area and their misses need to be brought to their attention in as many ways as possible.

However I'll maintain the opinion that the breakdown here is the process, management, and escalation - not the front-line employee who is just doing what they're told.
yea, as long as they do it without the crap eating grin. :p

Early adopter here, Model S VIN is under 60000. My MCU failed Saturday night and so I discovered the fatal flaw in Tesla’s “do everything from the app” strategy. I called roadside assistance to try and schedule an appointment and was told I would have to wait until Monday to call the car support line. This morning I called and was told that because my husband’s name is on the account, they couldn’t do anything for me over the phone.

Wtf?? I added my name to the account and was told they wouldn’t be able to see it on their end any time soon. I’m not asking for a remote unlock or remote start. I just wanted to make a service appointment so I asked her... even if I’m a scammer, what’s the worst that could happen if she made me an appointment and I was told “Well you could be stealing the car.” I didn’t realize how far the service quality had fallen since I haven’t used roadside assistance since 2016 but this level of stupidity and lack of common sense is just baffling.
Is there a number or email I can use to file a complaint against this employee?

jesus. thats not the person's fault for following protocol. what were you going to do.. ask to speak to the manager?