Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to find the tire pressure reading on a 2014 Model S 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning! Easy question, I hope. I had my rear tires replaced a few months ago, and I saw that inside the rim, each tire has a tire pressure sensor. On previous cars I've owned, it will either tell me my current tire pressures (in a dashboard display) or a light will come on when one of the tires is 10 psi lower than the others. I've seen Model S dashboard displays that show a diagram with all 4 tire pressures displayed, but I can't seem to find that menu item anywhere. Perhaps it's in the scroll wheel menus? If you know how I can display it, let me know. Currently using software update 2022.8.10.1 Thanks! :)

Some early Teslas will not show the tire pressure, only a low pressure warning. you will have to upgrade the TPMS. Tesla changed the entire Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) starting with VIN 50900, around September 2014. Cars prior to this VIN have an older system that is unable to display tire pressure in the car. It still will warn of a tire with low pressure.

The sensors have a small non-replaceable lithium-ion battery that typically lasts 5 years. Once the battery expires the sensor must be replaced. The sensor measures tire pressure and temperature. Each sensor for each tire costs about $50.

VINs prior to 50900 use the Baolong sensor, Tesla part number: 1010938-00-B
VINs at 50900 or later use a Continental sensor, Tesla part number: 1034602-00-A

Some early Teslas will not show the tire pressure, only a low pressure warning. you will have to upgrade the TPMS. Tesla changed the entire Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) starting with VIN 50900, around September 2014. Cars prior to this VIN have an older system that is unable to display tire pressure in the car. It still will warn of a tire with low pressure.

The sensors have a small non-replaceable lithium-ion battery that typically lasts 5 years. Once the battery expires the sensor must be replaced. The sensor measures tire pressure and temperature. Each sensor for each tire costs about $50.

VINs prior to 50900 use the Baolong sensor, Tesla part number: 1010938-00-B
VINs at 50900 or later use a Continental sensor, Tesla part number: 1034602-00-A
Wow! Thank you! Yeah, my car was manufactured in April 2014. That explains at lot. Thank you for such a thorough reply!

Reactions: Gixx1300R