Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to find wheel alignment service for Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

Another year, another set of tires chewed up because wheels are out of alignment. Problem is, no one in my area (Binghamton, New York) has the equipment to do the alignment. How do I find a tire shop or general auto shop that will do Tesla Model Y alignment, aside from dialing every place one by one? Going to a Tesla service center is not an option because I live in Binghamton, NY, hours away from Tesla service centers. How do folks recommend I find a shop that does Tesla alignment?

Thanks!
--JS

I've been to three shops now. They say that it's not just a matter of the machine, but the ability to make the adjustments on the vehicle, which they cannot do. How am I going to find a shop that can both test the alignment and fix it?
--JS

I've been to three shops now. They say that it's not just a matter of the machine, but the ability to make the adjustments on the vehicle, which they cannot do. How am I going to find a shop that can both test the alignment and fix it?
--JS
Precision Automotive in Endicott will do it. Teslas require a certain amount of ballast weight in the front seats while doing alignments. Some shops just don't carry the sandbags for this. But, most dealerships do.

Also, the other shops are out of their minds. This is a normal American car, the alignment adjustments are just like any other normal vehicle. But, Precision will charge you for a "European alignment" on this, just because it's a Tesla. There's nothing out of the ordinary on it.

you are very brave person brining your car to Pep Boys...
In Visalia, CA. I've been going to Pepboys for my tire service, including road hazard warranty and alignments since I bought my first Tesla in 2012.

Although they didn't know a thing about Tesla but they were willing to learn (shut off air suspension, use my hockey pucks for jack points, read the alignment computer prompt for step by step procedure...) They have alignment software for Model S and 3 but not X and I haven't asked about Y.

Reactions: ATPMSD
Hi folks,

Another year, another set of tires chewed up because wheels are out of alignment. Problem is, no one in my area (Binghamton, New York) has the equipment to do the alignment. How do I find a tire shop or general auto shop that will do Tesla Model Y alignment, aside from dialing every place one by one? Going to a Tesla service center is not an option because I live in Binghamton, NY, hours away from Tesla service centers. How do folks recommend I find a shop that does Tesla alignment?

Thanks!
--JS
Our local Firestone offers wheel alignments. Sometimes you have to do some leg work to help yourself. Not all answers are found in chats