Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to fit Michelin XT Silicone wiper blades on the 2021 Y's new wiper hardware?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure this is the same for everyone, but I bought the Michelin Endurance XT Silicone blades for my 2020 MY and the passenger side does not fit. Yes removing the tabs let me put it on the arms (unlike what was discussed above) and they fit on the arms fine... BUT the Michelin wipers make the arm sit higher on the glass- and on the passenger side this means the bend in the arm starts to hit the frunk- now only when its going in and out of its protected area, but still it is going to take the paint off the frunk and arm. But the Michelin Endurance XT does just fine for the driver side, no issues.

Just thought I would share in case anyone was thinking of replacing the passenger side wiper on their MY 2020 with the Michelin.
I wish I saw your post earlier. I have the same problem with my 2020 Model Y. Driver side is good because the arm does not tuck under the hood but the passenger side slams into the edge of the hood when it tries to store itself after the wipers turn off.

I got the Michelin "Fahrenheit Silicon" wipers for my 2023 Model Y (20" and 26"). I also had a problem with the narrow "push button" adapter, it goes most of the way in but the push button never seats perfectly in the little square part of the Tesla wiper. In trying to get it to fit, I broke the actual plastic "push button" tab thing off of the wiper itself, and after that and a bit of pressing it seems to fit pretty well. It's not perfect but does not seem like it will go anywhere, and the wiper clears the window better than both OEM and PIAA (both left streaks for me). I think I'm going to stick with this for a while but wish I could get a better fit form the Michelin wipers. I wonder if there's a way to modify the adapter for a slightly better fit?