Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to fix a tiny chip?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't see how I even got this chip it's just at 11oklock on the rear passanger wheel hub it'd about 1.5 mm diameter. I have a ceramic coat but whatever did this must have been a bullet

Would the tesla paint pen and some wet and dry do it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200716_204452.jpg
    IMG_20200716_204452.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200716_204442.jpg
    IMG_20200716_204442.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: HenryT
I think you'd be better off leaving it to be honest. In the second photo you can hardly see it.

I know it's easier said than done, but I can't see how you could do anything with that that wouldn't make it worse.

I think you'd be better off leaving it to be honest. In the second photo you can hardly see it.

I know it's easier said than done, but I can't see how you could do anything with that that wouldn't make it worse.
This is so true. Too many times now I've tried to sort a little chip only to make it stand out more. Easier said then done though, hence me making that mistake more than once!

I can't see how I even got this chip it's just at 11oklock on the rear passanger wheel hub it'd about 1.5 mm diameter. I have a ceramic coat but whatever did this must have been a bullet

Would the tesla paint pen and some wet and dry do it?
I suggest you leave well alone. You’ll only make it more obvious! If you really must get it sorted, try a local body shop and see what they suggest.

Yup.

I found a tiny chip on my drivers door. Wasn't even a chip really, was pretty much like a dot. I started obsessing about it a bit and ended up using a cocktail stick with the tiniest dab of paint on it (Chipex) and it looked worse, so had to quickly wipe it off.

It's easier said than done ignoring these things I know, because once you know it's there and the car is otherwise immaculate it will draw your eye. Guaranteed no one would see it though.

The first blemish is always the worst.