Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to fix badly misaligned exterior door trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had to fix a misaligned exterior door trim on the driver's door like this? Looking at the entire door up and down, it doesn't look like the door itself (gray part) is misaligned... only the chrome part at the top is. I have no idea how to begin to correct this without potentially making things worse, but it's an eye-sore for me every time I walk up to the car.

And no, I did not get the car new. I bought it used and when I asked about warranty repair, the SC said it was not covered because everything was accepted at delivery, so they don't know if it happened after delivery.

Attachments

• 62C48D13-D687-4A5A-A190-47D72D08756C.jpeg
    62C48D13-D687-4A5A-A190-47D72D08756C.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 222
Push down on one as far as it goes and pull up on the other to have them match. It's that easy, but they probably will not stay that way and you will repeat this process every time you notice it's out of whack.
So is the root cause the "compression fitting" that holds the trim piece isn't holding it at the right height properly? If I pull and push, then it just temporarily moves it, but it wants to return to its original location kind of like a spring?