Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to fix: Friction in center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...two little things have been driving me crazy. I fixed one yesterday (the seat squeaking as it rubbed against the console) and now trying to fix the other.

There is a TON of friction when trying to open the cover on my center console - it’s really quite difficult. Has anyone else encountered this come up with a solution? See the video below.

So...two little things have been driving me crazy. I fixed one yesterday (the seat squeaking as it rubbed against the console) and now trying to fix the other.

There is a TON of friction when trying to open the cover on my center console - it’s really quite difficult. Has anyone else encountered this come up with a solution? See the video below.

For the seat, what I did in the model 3 is use some velcro BUT only the side with the soft felt. I put a small piece on the console where the seat occasionally rubs. Noise gone.

That's a Tesla part although I'm not sure if it was offered as an option or just as an accessory. I know that at least with the facelifted models in mid 2016, the center console became an integral part and came standard. Those had the one piece sliding cover design that is still in use today.

Reactions: domodan
Does anyone know, was this standard equipment in 2016? Is this an accessory? Is it aftermarket? Feels very OEM, but I see/hear talk of no consoles, yacht floors, etc...

Curious what this is, as I bought the car second hand.

You can see the original yacht floor underneath. You have the first gen Tesla OEM upgrade that was installed.