Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to fix when passenger door window does not go down to properly close on Model 3? Tried calibrating window already.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have already tried to calibrate the windows several times. The window would come down when opening the door, but the window goes right back up... so I cannot close the door. I have not forced it because the glass will mostly break... I have seen a photo with the glass window broken from forced closure.

I would like to try to resolve before calling for service... not sure if I have to bring in or I can call roadside.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The window is controlled by the door puddle light underneath. Open the door and see if the light is on or off. If off, it could be a lose connection on the light of a failed light. If the light is OK and the calibration procedure does not work, a service call (maybe by mobile service) would be needed. The puddle lights come out easily with a plastic trim tool. When the light is off, the windows go up (light off door thinks it's closed).

Upvote 0
The window is controlled by the door puddle light underneath. Open the door and see if the light is on or off. If off, it could be a lose connection on the light of a failed light. If the light is OK and the calibration procedure does not work, a service call (maybe by mobile service) would be needed. The puddle lights come out easily with a plastic trim tool. When the light is off, the windows go up (light off door thinks it's closed).
Thank you. You are correct. We had to call a service person because I tried to do it myself but I couldn't get the cable to undo. We hardly used that back passenger door so hmmm.... We also have another issue regarding the smelly sock / mold smell from the AC filter. ... ...

Upvote 0
Thank you. You are correct. We had to call a service person because I tried to do it myself but I couldn't get the cable to undo. We hardly used that back passenger door so hmmm.... We also have another issue regarding the smelly sock / mold smell from the AC filter. ... ...
The filters need to be replaced and the condenser cleaned with a foam like Kool-it or Klima. There is a DIY video on the Tesla site or have service do it.

Upvote 0