Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to fix your USB-C connector so it connects to your phone all the time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The USB-C connector on the Model 3 is a little too short for many phones that have a thick case. I've seen replacement cables offered that provide a plug that sticks out more. However, I was able to implement an easy fix thanks to this video:

Skip ahead to 2:42. Basically, take a little piece of cardboard or folded paper and wedge it under the connector. It will raise it enough to fit into the phone's port.

My phone case is not thin, so a little raising of the connector isn't a sure fix. Also, the case thickness makes it fit unreasonably tight against the rubber pad. A simple realignment of the cable finally g
20181125_120742.jpg
20181125_120840.jpg
20181125_120742.jpg
ave me a sufficient fix. I just lifted the connector and the last few inches of cable, placed the connector on top of the hole it was meant to protrude through, and reset the cable. The rubber pad goes back over the cable. Now the whole connector is exposed for connecting to.
20181125_120840.jpg
My phone is a long S9, so it kinda takes 2 hands to connect it, but it works well.

Reactions: Ciditad