Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to fully disable auto-mirror folding?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to fully disable mirror folding...
so I go to the vehicle tab menu,
uncheck both options for mirror Auto-Tilt and Mirror Auto-Fold.
Exit the car and lock it with the keyfob.
Mirrors don't fold as expected.
Come back the next morning to unlock the car...
Both mirrors are folded.

What am I doing wrong?

I think you have to save them in your settings (don't no for sure, no auto folding mirrors). Move the seat just a bit and then back to the original position, set the mirrors and press save.

So my mirrors still fold despite having the settings for Auto-Tilt and Mirror Auto-Fold now disabled in all my user profiles...

Folding does not occur right away... As expected, mirrors don't fold when I lock the car.
It happens later, probably when the car goes to sleep. I'll try to confirm that...

Sound like a bug to me.
Anyone else had that issue?

I have the same issue in reverse. I want auto-fold auto-unfold to be used in general. In situations where I'm in a tight parking space, I would manually fold the mirrors in order to get out of the car (otherwise the mirrors would hit the posts that are placed there). The next time I got out to the car, the mirrors would auto-unfold and I couldn't open the door. I have to use Summon to get the car out of the parking spot.

I reported the issue to my service advisor and she said that the engineers would look into it. I don't know if the change that added geo-location of auto-fold was the response to my issue. It doesn't do what I want since I don't want the mirrors to auto-fold until after I'm done parking, since I park backing in.

After reading this thread, I deleted the other profiles this morning, and rebooted both systems. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

Update... I finally got the mirrors to stop folding...
Turn out there is an additional button in the "quick controls" screen to Fold mirrors (and a checkbox to remember to "auto-fold" at location)
Despite the fact that the checkbox was disabled at my location, I played around with these settings and now mirrors are behaving properly.
Thanks, everyone!

Update... I finally got the mirrors to stop folding...
Turn out there is an additional button in the "quick controls" screen to Fold mirrors (and a checkbox to remember to "auto-fold" at location)
Despite the fact that the checkbox was disabled at my location, I played around with these settings and now mirrors are behaving properly.
Thanks, everyone!
I'm having the same exact problem, and I've heard that it's not a good idea to have your mirrors fold during winter months. Can you describe exactly what you were doing to keep the mirrors from folding.