Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get a hold of service, not using the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I had a flat tire after my 800 mile journey from Santa Cruz, CA to Kirkland, WA. They have quickly given my a loaner tire. I then dutifully made an appointment for a tire swap. Earliest appointment was 3 weeks out. Now Tesla says in the tire loan agreement that I need to make an appointment within 3 days unless "mutually agreed upon". Telephoning did nothing but confirming my appointment. How can I get a hold of the service center to expedite getting my old tire back?

Sounds like you made your appointment within 3 days. What’s the problem?

It’s not your fault if the schedule is 3 weeks out.
It is not making an appointment, it is returning the wheel within 3 business days, unless mutually agreed upon. If I could actually talk to someone at tesla, or if they would even respond to my texts or emails, then we could be assured I would not be charged for the wheel

upload_2020-9-12_11-54-20.png

Reactions: Scott7
So, I had a flat tire after my 800 mile journey from Santa Cruz, CA to Kirkland, WA. They have quickly given my a loaner tire. I then dutifully made an appointment for a tire swap. Earliest appointment was 3 weeks out. Now Tesla says in the tire loan agreement that I need to make an appointment within 3 days unless "mutually agreed upon". Telephoning did nothing but confirming my appointment. How can I get a hold of the service center to expedite getting my old tire back?
Roadside Assistance. Call them.

The best way to get in touch with a service center via phone, is to call the number listed for the service center, and listen very carefully to the prompts. What you want (are listening for) is "checking on a vehicle currently in service".

That actually rings the local service center that (presumably) has your car in service. Of course, the person on the other end, at the service center, will be expecting to talk to someone who has a car in service, or a situation like this OPs where they need almost immediate help (and its not "my battery has 7 miles less than it used to, teslafi says.....")

Anyway, thats how you get through to a person in the service center. pretty much every other option rings a call center. In this specific OPs case, since he had already scheduled an appointment properly through the App, an escalation in the manner above would have been well received by the local service center.. they would have done the same thing over the phone that they did for OP in person.

In other cases, unless its fairly clear to them why you circumvented the app when you (presumably) dont have a car in service, they might be a little more brusque (lol).