TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to get an accurate insurance quote?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by thgchris, Jun 28, 2018.

1. thgchris

thgchris Member

Every insurance provider I've spoken with needs an actual VIN number to provide a quote for car insurance. I'm looking to buy an AWD version.

Is there a way to just find a VIN for a vehicle like the one I want to order and to get a quote based on that?

Any insurance providers recommended in particular?

2. TT97

TT97 Member

Based on the VINs registered today, this one should be AWD:

5YJ3E1EB0JF054013

It will be a while before this VIN gets built.

3. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

I used an existing VIN to get a ballpark quote. Not sure if that would work if the car is a different color or what other factors that might play.

4. amylee

amylee New Member

where do you find the registered vins? i need one for a quote as well but RWD

5. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

You can just use one of the “highest seen VIN” threads on this website. There’s a chart that shows what ViN numbers are which types of models if you need it but I think most ViNs are RWD so far.

6. TT97

TT97 Member

Pretty much all the VIN pictures on that thread are RWD. The 8th digit on the VIN needs to be "A" to be identified as RWD.