Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get copies of service invoices?

ElectricTundra

P85D AP1
Feb 5, 2015
Tundra
I had my car in for MCU1 eMMC replacement last April that I paid $2200 out of pocket for and Tesla are saying that I have 'No record of potentially reimbursable repairs performed by Tesla'.

I'm finding Tesla now the worst menu hell company ever. There appears no way to talk to a human nor menu options that lead to humans nor menu options for sending copies of invoices (not to mention of our 5 cars Tesla are the only company that doesn't have all service invoices/history online). I emailed our local service but have not yet received a reply.

Very different from Tesla 7 years ago when it was the total opposite and you always got to talk to a human and a courteous knowledgable human at that.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Oct 10, 2019
So-Cal
Yeah for stuff like that your best bet is to go to the service center and talk to someone there for a invoice. Only for the last like 6 months or so has the invoice been saved on the phone app under service. older than that you gotta just go in.

Reactions: rickyjb

boonedocks

May 1, 2015
Gainesville, GA
Yeah for stuff like that your best bet is to go to the service center and talk to someone there for a invoice. Only for the last like 6 months or so has the invoice been saved on the phone app under service. older than that you gotta just go in.

We have them back to 10/1/2019 showing in our app so 16+ months are available....so definitely on the “or so” side of 6 months

Reactions: SO16

BigNick

Disaffected Member
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
All invoices are accessible from the Tesla App under Service, View Invoice, and can be downloaded in PDF format.
I have one from July 2019 (first service for the car since I purchased it used, water in rear lights, airbag and steering bolt recalls) and January 2020 (remote fix for lost premium connectivity subscription). That puts it at 20 months available for me, and both were $0.00 invoices.

murphyS90D

Jul 2, 2016
Horsham, PA
I have all of my service invoices. They were emailed to me when service was completed.
It's possible that if you request a paper printout they don't email them.
I always request email.

ElectricTundra

P85D AP1
Feb 5, 2015
Tundra
Thanks all. There were no invoices in my app. I did though finally receive an email from our local SC with the invoice I needed attached and now today that one invoice is showing up in the app but no others (6 years of owning Tesla's).

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC