Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get copies of service invoices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my car in for MCU1 eMMC replacement last April that I paid $2200 out of pocket for and Tesla are saying that I have 'No record of potentially reimbursable repairs performed by Tesla'.

I'm finding Tesla now the worst menu hell company ever. There appears no way to talk to a human nor menu options that lead to humans nor menu options for sending copies of invoices (not to mention of our 5 cars Tesla are the only company that doesn't have all service invoices/history online). I emailed our local service but have not yet received a reply.

Very different from Tesla 7 years ago when it was the total opposite and you always got to talk to a human and a courteous knowledgable human at that.

Yeah for stuff like that your best bet is to go to the service center and talk to someone there for a invoice. Only for the last like 6 months or so has the invoice been saved on the phone app under service. older than that you gotta just go in.

We have them back to 10/1/2019 showing in our app so 16+ months are available....so definitely on the “or so” side of 6 months

Reactions: SO16
All invoices are accessible from the Tesla App under Service, View Invoice, and can be downloaded in PDF format.
I have one from July 2019 (first service for the car since I purchased it used, water in rear lights, airbag and steering bolt recalls) and January 2020 (remote fix for lost premium connectivity subscription). That puts it at 20 months available for me, and both were $0.00 invoices.

Thanks all. There were no invoices in my app. I did though finally receive an email from our local SC with the invoice I needed attached and now today that one invoice is showing up in the app but no others (6 years of owning Tesla's).

We have them back to 10/1/2019 showing in our app so 16+ months are available....so definitely on the “or so” side of 6 months
Mine only go back to Aug 2021 and that is a rolling date. And I was trying to find an invoice for a visit in Jan 2021 and I can't get to it because it's not on the app. Which is really annoying obviously.

Screenshot_20220302-220034003.jpg

Although this will not help the OP but if you get the estimate (usually by email) there is a possibility to download/save that one on your device. Depending on the browser you use, the email is using encrypted file link, you will see this option while you are denying/accepting the file. Of course you need to save it before you send your reply as it can’t be revised later. I started to do this by chance as back then (three years ago) there was no such option on the app, IIRC.
I do recall that you can ask the invoice later, after your payment. But this will only happen if you ask it specifically.

Tesla is the stupidest company in terms of customer service. Elon should fix on focusing that instead of criticizing everyone else. They never provided me invoice for buying charger and getting it installed in 2018. Now they say you need proof when I have issues with charger. Nor can I contact someone to get invoice even if I provide them bank statement showing my payment of $1291.25 to Tesla.

Reactions: Wol747
All purchases are (should be) online under your account, Order History. All invoices are (should be) in the phone App, Service, History, Invoice. Purchases are also in the phone App, Person icon in upper right corner, Account, Order History.

All purchases are (should be) online under your account, Order History. All invoices are (should be) in the phone App, Service, History, Invoice. Purchases are also in the phone App, Person icon in upper right corner, Account, Order History.
They are not as my charger was installed prior to car delivery. They were emailing me twice a day and saying provide proof we installed. Luckily I found a screenshot I sent my friend last Monday. Since then Tesla hasn’t responded for last 5 days. This is Tesla for you!

Not the service invoices before 2019. Prior to 2019, they used to give you paper copies and also email them - no app option in those days.
Are they online in your Tesla account? That should have been around then. If they are there they should be linked to the current App. The App just accesses existing data from Tesla, not just data created after the App feature was implemented. Perhaps Tesla didn't keep records back then or they are not accessing that information for some reason.

I had SC visits with work done in:

2015 - Does not show in the app
2016 - Does not show in the app
2017 - Does not show in the app
No service done in 2018
2019 - Does show in the app

I've the paper and email copies of my 2015, 2016 and 2017 invoices.
Also, checked my tesla.com account. No SC invoices show up there at all (expected).

Interesting that under Order History, there is no record of the items purchased online such as the CHAdeMO adapter (purchased 2015) and HPWC (purchased 2016). I do however have the paper and email copies of those purchases.