Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get fresh air only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my old vehicle, I moved the temp knob to coldest, and made sure the ac switch was off to just get fresh air out of the dash vents with no heating or cooling. On the X would I get the same by setting temp to "lo" and turning the ac off?

I'm not sure it's doing what I think set this way.

In my old vehicle, I moved the temp knob to coldest, and made sure the ac switch was off to just get fresh air out of the dash vents with no heating or cooling. On the X would I get the same by setting temp to "lo" and turning the ac off?

I'm not sure it's doing what I think set this way.
That is correct with a few additions. Make sure ventlation is set to outside, not recirculation. Also make sure rear climate control is off. The rear seats will get fresh air from the center vent only, and not the pillar vents.

I agree, the temperature and ventilation controls are one of the weak points of Tesla vehicles. I don't remember having to work so hard to get the desired effect in any other vehicle I've driven. I've also noticed a tendency for middle and back row passengers to say they are hot when it's cold up front with fully automatic settings.

I have the same issue in our i3 and 500e. There isn't a way to get free flowing outside air without turning on something that affects range. It's all electronic somewhere and not like an old fashion ICE where I can pull levers for outside air to the windshield or face.