Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get invitation for Model 3 reveal event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets hope that invitations go out earlier than 10 days before the event so that people who do not live within 100 miles of Fremont can actually make plans ahead of time. I think my X invite arrived in my email 7 days before the event. I was happy to be invited, but it was no way possible to expect that people have that kind of flexibility.

Bjørn Nyland has already indicated that unfortunately, the Tesla Motors event invites are not transferable. He has four to the Gigafactory opening. But so far has been told he cannot just auction off or give away the two that would not be used by his wife and he. Now, I do know that all attendees need not arrive together... I was the 'plus one' for a forum member at the Tesla 'D' Event, and he just left word at the desk that I was coming after him when he arrived.

I would not be surprised if the reveal at the end of March is not an event, but just a press release of some sort. They've hinted at this being just the first sneak peek at the design rather than a full prototype reveal. Perhaps the launch event comes a few months later when they are ready to give more details.

On the other hand if they are going to start taking orders it would seem that they would have something more and perhaps we see the outside of the vehicle only and they keep the interior a secret. In any event, its pretty exciting to finally get some official information about the car from Tesla. I was growing tired of all the speculation and fake image leak discussions.

If it is an event, I would love to attend, and if not, I'll definitely be visiting a service center to place my deposit as soon as they are accepting them.

They've hinted at this being just the first sneak peek at the design rather than a full prototype reveal.
Nah. It was so-called 'journalists' who decided to deaden the fires of hope, along with the League of Lowered Expectations who gave those prognostications of doom, gloom, and general 'Meh.' What Tesla Motors said was, "Wait and see. We aren't going to talk about it now."

This is what Tesla Motors has been striving toward since 2003. If the reveal of the Model ≡ doesn't warrant a full fledged event, then quite a few people deserve to be seriously fired. Like, yesterday... If not the day, or year, before.

I would not be surprised if the reveal at the end of March is not an event, but just a press release of some sort. They've hinted at this being just the first sneak peek at the design rather than a full prototype reveal. Perhaps the launch event comes a few months later when they are ready to give more details.

In the referral program, I won two tickets to the reveal event. I am going to be pretty disappointed if I fly to Hawthorne on a last-minute airfare to be greeted with a press release. I haven't received an invite yet and flights to LA are starting to get expensive for the end of the month.

Did you get one of these e-mails:
upload_2016-3-15_18-4-0.png

The "Enter to win" reminds me of what has happened to Comic-Con. Everyone could attend in the early years but as the popularity increased, passes are now limited.

But unlike Comic-Con, Model 3 won't be sold out in an hour. Enjoy reserving your Model 3 on March 31st!