TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to get invitation for Model 3 reveal event?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chingus, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. chingus

chingus Member

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get the invitation for the Model 3 reveal event from Tesla?

How were they provided last time for the Model X event?

Cheers!!!

2. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Well, there were invitations for 2 given out with the Tesla referral program.

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

As pointed out by @S'toon , a sure way to get one is being a successful referrer.

If you are an owner or reservation holder, you can e-mail and ask whether you may be included.

4. Reeler

Reeler 7th Year of Pure EV

If my wife bails on going, I might be selling a ticket. I got 2 through the referral program.

5. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

Lets hope that invitations go out earlier than 10 days before the event so that people who do not live within 100 miles of Fremont can actually make plans ahead of time. I think my X invite arrived in my email 7 days before the event. I was happy to be invited, but it was no way possible to expect that people have that kind of flexibility.

6. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

If anyone is inflexible and can't go I'll take your ticket. I fly for free. :biggrin:

7. opto

opto New Member

I really really really would like to get a ticket.... Please send me a PM. Thanks, Greg from Switzerland.... [emoji41]

8. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

Bjørn Nyland has already indicated that unfortunately, the Tesla Motors event invites are not transferable. He has four to the Gigafactory opening. But so far has been told he cannot just auction off or give away the two that would not be used by his wife and he. Now, I do know that all attendees need not arrive together... I was the 'plus one' for a forum member at the Tesla 'D' Event, and he just left word at the desk that I was coming after him when he arrived.

9. aarons23

aarons23 Member

I would assume these will be given out to share holders randomly but not sure. When do you guys think they will be sent out?

10. ww73

ww73 Member

Being a Sig X reservation holder got me invites to the D and X reveal events. I cancelled the X so I'm not sure if I'll get an invite to the 3.

11. palmer_md

palmer_md Member

I would not be surprised if the reveal at the end of March is not an event, but just a press release of some sort. They've hinted at this being just the first sneak peek at the design rather than a full prototype reveal. Perhaps the launch event comes a few months later when they are ready to give more details.

On the other hand if they are going to start taking orders it would seem that they would have something more and perhaps we see the outside of the vehicle only and they keep the interior a secret. In any event, its pretty exciting to finally get some official information about the car from Tesla. I was growing tired of all the speculation and fake image leak discussions.

If it is an event, I would love to attend, and if not, I'll definitely be visiting a service center to place my deposit as soon as they are accepting them.

12. Red Sage

Nah. It was so-called 'journalists' who decided to deaden the fires of hope, along with the League of Lowered Expectations who gave those prognostications of doom, gloom, and general 'Meh.' What Tesla Motors said was, "Wait and see. We aren't going to talk about it now."

This is what Tesla Motors has been striving toward since 2003. If the reveal of the Model ≡ doesn't warrant a full fledged event, then quite a few people deserve to be seriously fired. Like, yesterday... If not the day, or year, before.

13. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

But they aren't taking orders. Not even pre-orders. They are just taking reservations/deposits to get you in a line to place an order at some point in the future.

14. Reeler

In the referral program, I won two tickets to the reveal event. I am going to be pretty disappointed if I fly to Hawthorne on a last-minute airfare to be greeted with a press release. I haven't received an invite yet and flights to LA are starting to get expensive for the end of the month.

15. Reeler

Did you get one of these e-mails:
    upload_2016-3-15_18-4-0.png

16. Mark Z

Mark Z Active Member

The "Enter to win" reminds me of what has happened to Comic-Con. Everyone could attend in the early years but as the popularity increased, passes are now limited.

But unlike Comic-Con, Model 3 won't be sold out in an hour. Enjoy reserving your Model 3 on March 31st!

17. Red Sage

Well... It might take a whole 24 hours for the Tesla Model ≡ to 'sell out' two years worth of Production by securing 250,000 Reservations.

;-)