Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get premium connectivity on SR PLUS?

meowsers

Jul 6, 2019
Australia
Tesla have been promising they will allow an upgrade purchase for years now, still not implemented. Also they haven't started charging Premium interiors either.

Call it incompetence or just busy, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

baillies

Apr 19, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Depending how you read this maybe next quarter?

E9F35E69-814E-4B63-A22B-D1AE06AEDA67.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: strykeroz

Anubis

Aug 4, 2019
Sydney
It is. Basically you have your favourite radio stations anywhere in the country there is LTE. All at digital quality. So better than fm.

Not disputing its better than FM.
But I can get TuneIn via bluetooth, or hotspotting off my phone. Not sure I need to pay for another “mobile service” for TuneIn only.

Dave3333

Jul 14, 2019
Hobart
I also see in the article that SR+ will get live traffic and satellite view on the maps with premium connectivity - which we currently don't get with our "trial". Hopefully they will be included when we eventually start paying for this.

I'd be more than happy to hand over a reasonable amount to keep getting access to Spotify, Tunein, Netflix, etc. And definitely live traffic!

bigbones

Sep 11, 2019
Brisbane
I hope they fix the navigation routing at the same time - I find that it often directs me to a road on the opposite side of where I need to get to, that has no access. It's definitely not using Google routing as that gets it right every time.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC