Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get rear wheel to turn while on jacks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to have the rear wheel turn by hand while car is jacked up? I’ve heard that if you put it in neutral the parking brake will still engage. I’m painting my brake calipers and I also paint the hub of the rotors which would be much easier if I could turn the wheel freely.

Is there a way to have the rear wheel turn by hand while car is jacked up? I’ve heard that if you put it in neutral the parking brake will still engage. I’m painting my brake calipers and I also paint the hub of the rotors which would be much easier if I could turn the wheel freely.
Have someone in the car put it in neutral, while you unplug the electric parking brake plug carefully. Then the e-brake will not move while you work on things.

Have someone in the car put it in neutral, while you unplug the electric parking brake plug carefully. Then the e-brake will not move while you work on things.

Unplug and replug e-brake is PITA when I did it. Struggled with it for hours. Uninstall was easier once know need a bit of force to tap the red tab out. Reinstall took me hours, seem need to push the tab in really hard to get it to lock.

Would be good if someone can post exact trick to unplug and replug it easily.

This guy took his ebrake off so might consider that.

Last edited: