Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get Spotify to play an entire album

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the secret to playing entire albums/CDs on Spotify? When I say "Play the album [album name] by [artist name]" it plays some [artist name] radio. What's worse, when I ask "Play [song name] by [artist name]", it also gives me [artist name] radio, and it doesn't even play the song I requested!

Any tricks of the trade would be most appreciated.

TIA,
David

FWIW, I'm using the Premium version.
I rely on the screen instead of the voice commands when using Spotify Premium. The albums I want are usually available, just below the default playlist for the artist. Once I have an album selected it will play straight thru to the end, then move on to a playlist of other songs by the same artist.

Reactions: SWIPE
Upvote 0
I have a playlist that has about 5,000 songs on it that I primarily listen to, so don't really do this in the car. However, I have to be very specific when asking my Alexa to play music in my home. For example, if I want her to play music by my son's band, I have to say 'Alexa, play music by the band Tweed from Spotify', or 'Alexa, play the album Moves by the band Tweed on Spotify'. That sounds pretty close to what you're doing, but maybe use the words 'album' and 'band'....

Upvote 0