Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get Tesla's attention

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seem to be a lot of threads on the club forums about really bad support from the Tesla service centers. Despite what sounds like a lot of people (including me) having a terrible time getting basic support from the Tesla service centers, this doesn't seem to be improving. Is Tesla not aware of the problem? I have a hard time believing Tesla doesn't care about the problem, but I'm not sure how else to explain a problem that has continued as long as this.

I love my Tesla. It's the best car I've ever owned, and a remarkable new piece of technology. But if I can't get it repaired by Tesla (and Tesla doesn't really allow independent service centers as far as I can tell), then what am I to do? I would really like to add my voice to those who are frustrated by this situation, but I'm not sure how to do it. Is there a more direct way to express my concerns than posting on the Club forums?

Try Twitter. What's your issue?

Twitter's a good idea—thanks, I'll try that.

My issue isn't one specific thing so much as that every time I need service the service center drops the ball. I could ignore that at first, but it seems like a clear pattern at this point. (An example is that I had a mobile service appointment today, and I just got a call saying that they can't handle my issue with mobile service. So then why did they make a mobile service appointment? I didn't choose mobile service—they did. And why do I now have to wait a month to get an appointment at the service center?)

Before owning my Tesla, I had a Toyota Prius. The service I got at the local dealership was fabulous. Tesla's service is, well, to be kind it's nowhere near as good. But I don't want to just gripe about it—I want to do something to get Tesla to be as good as other car manufacturers. I know Elon can do that, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

Reactions: Tessaract
Complain all you want. Elon/Tesla doesn't remotely care about service, only about sales. It's ENTIRELY about sales. Wall Street wants to see ever increasing delivery numbers, and so long as that's the case, you can almost bet the farm that service is only going to continue to decline. Eventually it will affect sales but Elon/Tesla isn't thinking that far ahead.

Jeff

• Disagree
Reactions: Brando
Complain all you want. Elon/Tesla doesn't remotely care about service, only about sales. It's ENTIRELY about sales. Wall Street wants to see ever increasing delivery numbers, and so long as that's the case, you can almost bet the farm that service is only going to continue to decline. Eventually it will affect sales but Elon/Tesla isn't thinking that far ahead.

Jeff

I hope you're wrong, but I'm afraid you may be right.

Twitter's a good idea—thanks, I'll try that.

My issue isn't one specific thing so much as that every time I need service the service center drops the ball. I could ignore that at first, but it seems like a clear pattern at this point. (An example is that I had a mobile service appointment today, and I just got a call saying that they can't handle my issue with mobile service. So then why did they make a mobile service appointment? I didn't choose mobile service—they did. And why do I now have to wait a month to get an appointment at the service center?)

Before owning my Tesla, I had a Toyota Prius. The service I got at the local dealership was fabulous. Tesla's service is, well, to be kind it's nowhere near as good. But I don't want to just gripe about it—I want to do something to get Tesla to be as good as other car manufacturers. I know Elon can do that, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

ok but what was the appointment about?

I thought I'd revive this thread - issue in Bay Area is wait time for service appointment. If car is drivable, no issue, but mine got rodent damage and was not. Took a month to get an appointment - I tried calling roadside service, got a # for the service center from them, but the service center would't call me back. App seems to be only way to communicate with them, once you have made an appointment - and they also do not respond until you are close to your appt. time. Having said that, time to get an appointment at a BMW indie was also 1 month right now - so perhaps that is just a fact of life in the bay area. Overall the car is reliable, and for tires I can just go to tire dealer (cabin filter I did myself) - but in 'emergency' situations, it would be nice to have a way to get some priority...... I did a search for any independent service shops here - and I guess there are still none ... ?