Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get to Map/Navigation menu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ron J.

MY LR, Blue-Bk, OD 9/30/21 - Delivered 5/26/22
Nov 20, 2021
Fort Myers, FL
Just picked up a new MY-LR 3 days ago and I have a question for MY ownerw. At startup I do not get the map and I cannot find any on-screen way to bring up the map or get to the navigation menu. I can use voice input to tell the info-entertainment system to display the map and that works, but there doesn't seem to be any on-screen icon or button to get to it. What am I missing?

I ran into a situation which is very strange and I don't know how to explain it, maybe U guys can

I've been driving my 2015 Lexus CT200h with NAV since new. Just drove back from Detroit MI yesterday and just for fun I used both the Lexus NAV and Google Maps which was Bluetoothed to my Lexus. I am pretty pretty sure the Lexus NAV is on a memory chip, not internet based, but IMO Google maps is internet based (4G or 5G thru T-Mobile)

While driving, I heard "speed trap ahead" thru the speakers of my Lexus... very strange, so it had to come from real-time internet.... and sure enough I saw either a motocycle or state trooper car within 30 seconds, sometimes I don't see them but I am pretty sure they were hiding somewhere

I wonder if the Tesla NAV has the same capability? U guys may have experienced something similar?
Share with us

I ran into a situation which is very strange and I don't know how to explain it, maybe U guys can

I've been driving my 2015 Lexus CT200h with NAV since new. Just drove back from Detroit MI yesterday and just for fun I used both the Lexus NAV and Google Maps which was Bluetoothed to my Lexus. I am pretty pretty sure the Lexus NAV is on a memory chip, not internet based, but IMO Google maps is internet based (4G or 5G thru T-Mobile)

While driving, I heard "speed trap ahead" thru the speakers of my Lexus... very strange, so it had to come from real-time internet.... and sure enough I saw either a motocycle or state trooper car within 30 seconds, sometimes I don't see them but I am pretty sure they were hiding somewhere

I wonder if the Tesla NAV has the same capability? U guys may have experienced something similar?
Share with us
Bluetooth audio from google maps indicating speed trap? Was any other audio source used during the event? Likely google pulling data from Waze to enhance their navigation data. I have Lexus 2015 and can assure you, no live maps or connectivity to that level.

Bluetooth audio from google maps indicating speed trap? Was any other audio source used during the event? Likely google pulling data from Waze to enhance their navigation data. I have Lexus 2015 and can assure you, no live maps or connectivity to that level.
I have Lexus 2015 and can assure you, no live maps or connectivity to that level: CORRECT
Likely google pulling data from Waze to enhance their navigation data : I have no idea but possibility

Does Google Maps have a speed trap alert?
Google Maps has a new speed trap alert that drivers are finding pretty handy. Find out what the alert means, how to report speed traps you've found and more. On Wednesday, Google Maps began rolling out a new set of features for its navigation program that may help reduce some of the common stresses of long road trips.

Google Maps Speed Trap Alert: What It Means and How to
www.newsweek.com/google-maps-speed-trap-mean-aler…