Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to get Trunk Open to display after "P" park?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner here... Went shopping, loaded up the trunk. Pulled into my garage, pressed "P", and then could not figure out how to open trunk. The display was showing the proximity to walls around the car, not the standard Frunk, Charging port, Trunk open controls. Is there a sequence or button I need to press to be able to open the trunk before exiting the car?

New owner here... Went shopping, loaded up the trunk. Pulled into my garage, pressed "P", and then could not figure out how to open trunk. The display was showing the proximity to walls around the car, not the standard Frunk, Charging port, Trunk open controls. Is there a sequence or button I need to press to be able to open the trunk before exiting the car?
Just be careful opening in the garage, my door hit the open garage door and got a little paint chip.... Open from the outside handle and grab the door before it hits.

Upvote 0
Just be careful opening in the garage, my door hit the open garage door and got a little paint chip.... Open from the outside handle and grab the door before it hits.
You can set the opening height! Open it to your desired height and then hold the close button on the liftgate for 3 seconds, until you hear a chime. From then on, it will open to that height.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 1
You can set the opening height! Open it to your desired height and then hold the close button on the liftgate for 3 seconds, until you hear a chime. From then on, it will open to that height.
Yes, aware of that, but I rarely open the rear hatch in the garage so I don't bother. Otherwise, it's too low to be useful everywhere else.

Reactions: cosmith71
Upvote 0