Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

How to get update?

I am still waiting for V10 and am looking for advice about how to escalate the issue.
In more detail:
I got a model 3 SR+ at the end of Sep with V9.0 2019.32.2.2 software. The car has spent most of its time on WiFi for the last fortnight.
A week ago, I chased up the lack of update on chat. An update was triggered - which turned out to be to V9.0 2019.32.2.4.
I then chased up on chat again, and the Tesla rep was most insistent that V10 wasn't available for my car and I'd just have to wait. Eventually I managed to communicate to her that I was on a pretty ancient version and she decided there was a problem which she escalated to "advance vehicle support".
The next day, it updated itself - but the version turned out to be 2019.32.2.4. No progress and nothing else has happened.
Today I chase again, getting the same rep giving me the same line. Apparently advance vehicle support claim to have resolved the issue, V10 still isn't available for my car and I just have to wait.
It is a month (and at least 7 iterations) since V10 started bulk roll out (announced here Introducing Software Version 10.0 on 26 Sep). Does anyone have any idea how to actually get Tesla to address apparent failure to update? Visiting a service centre would be pretty onerous - I am not close.
I've got the same situation - I've set the update bit on the screen to "advance" but nothing improved. I eventually sent a service request in form the app, got an appointment, which they then swiftly cancelled telling me that all software updates are rolled out in batches so I will receive V10 shortly. That was a week ago, still waiting. Decided not to stress it - I was briefly concerned that there might be some issue with my car receiving updates (which is really why I logged the service issue), but given their response I've decided to just get on with driving it.
I'm not sure if I'm relieved or not to hear you're in the same boat, but I don't find the not-yet-batched explanation plausible. I think there must be some sort of misconfiguration somewhere in our cars or Tesla's systems and it's unlikely to resolve itself without someone back at HQ putting in the legwork to investigate it.
According to TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker 90% of cars are on V10 (which is 2019.32.10.1 and later) - and that was the situation last week too. The big thing now being batched out is the 5% power increase of 2019.32.12.4.
I'm particularly looking forward to improved TACC. On V9.0, the car's far too inclined to high deceleration/acceleration as it panics about some perceived traffic issue that wasn't a problem in the first place.


Well-Known Member
Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
I don't know if it would be an Acid Test, but if you connect to WiFi (sat in car, parked at home) can you do "internet connected things"?

SatNav using a Search location, rather than offline-address, play e.g. Spotify music, use Internet browser etc.

If not that might point to WiFi not passing data (i.e. it connects OK, but doesn't then transfer data)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.